Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of the vibrations, the sound level and the weight????

IMO thats also a very interesting COLLECTORS item, but not a saw to use. Too old.

I'm a user first and a collector second.

I never used a 70, but I once compared the vibes of my 1970 vintage Jonsereds Raket 621 to a much smaller 2004 MS250 - the ol' 621 was the clear winner! :):popcorn::givebeer:

Took my 261 rebuilt as a 262XP out for a workout this weekend in some oak.
Spike - - that new clutch did the trick!
FUN, FUN, FUN!

Al :clap::clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brian, I just got the same piston from the same seller this week. Looks good too. It took 2 weeks for it to arrive from Greece.

I plan on putting mine back together soon as I have it all the way down. I got a gasket kit with seals for it and along with crank brgs it should be good to go soon.

Where did you get the gasket kit? I found one place to get most of the gaskets I need but it's pretty expensive, maybe a kit is a better idea. I wasn't planning on splitting the case since it looks nice and clean in the crank area. I think I may be able to salvage my cylinder using the muriatic acid etch method but the piston looks fairly mangled. Please let me know how the piston works out.

Also, there is a threaded rod sticking out of the top of the cylinder. Is it supposed to be there or is it the remainder of a broken bolt used to hold the air filter cover on?

Last edited:
65 gasket kit obtained

I now have a complete gasket/seal kit for the 65. Now I have a VERY important opinion question (okay maybe not that important).

If I have the cylinder off anyway should I split the case and change the oil seals and case gasket since I have new ones as part of the clean up project? Or is this one of those "don't fix it if it ain't broke" sort of things...

Saw has spark, don't know if oiler works or if there is an air leak. I am worried I may ruin more than I fix if I split it.

Ooh. Hugger Orange with White Stripes. MIKEY LIKES IT!! :clap:

Thanks. HO was only available on '99 models. I had it repainted last year (stripes are painted as well, not decal). I sometimes wonder if my preference for Husqvarna saws helped me to decide to buy the HO.

It's my daily driver.

Carb question

I got a new carb kit from Calvin. Every thing looks good except when the small Welch plug is removed there appears to be a tiny screen held in with a metal c-ring. Is this screen available? It looks very corroded. You can see the screen and the ring in the lower left corner.

attachment.php

What do you think of the vibrations, the sound level and the weight????

IMO thats also a very interesting COLLECTORS item, but not a saw to use. Too old.

I'm a user first and a collector second.

I never answered you I see. The 70E is of course heavier than my 362XP but it is actually quieter (I think) but that is probably because it has less RPMs. The 362XP actually has a power-band feel like a motorcycle so it gets pretty loud. I don't seem to feel too much of a difference vibe wise but it is noticeable heavier. The worst vibe saw I have is a little Poulan S25DA that feels like it is going to shake your hands off.

44 practica

Whats the Practica? were all 44's with white tops Practica's if noit, whats the difference? Here's one that i just got, am going to sell or trade and trying to get the lowdown on these. This one is beautiful.

mail

mail

Ready to rebuild

I finally got a new piston and ring for my 65. I have a general question however. Am I better off splitting the case, replacing seals etc. (since they came in the gasket kit I got) or am I better off just putting on the new piston, rebuilding carb and seeing if it runs good first.

In other words does "if it ain't broke don't fix it" apply in the case of a scored old chainsaw or not?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

:givebeer:

I finally got a new piston and ring for my 65. I have a general question however. Am I better off splitting the case, replacing seals etc. (since they came in the gasket kit I got) or am I better off just putting on the new piston, rebuilding carb and seeing if it runs good first.

In other words does "if it ain't broke don't fix it" apply in the case of a scored old chainsaw or not?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

:givebeer:

If ya have seals, I'd put them in for peace of mind. You shouldn't have to split the case to do so.

Did some trading lately and picked up a nice 480 CD from a member here. One thing I noticed, the clutch doesn't stay on. I think it's missing something. I have an IPL for it and it shows me pictures and part number but no sticken description of what they are.

Latest posts

Back