Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a military version of the Husqvarna F70 : in pretty good shape except for a broken cylinder stud for the muffler bolt.

F70d.jpg

F70a.jpg

F70c.jpg

Hey guys, got a question.

Roy from across the pond and I have been emailing back and forth about what we thought was a 65. However it has two piston rings and the muffler mount and opening are different. What gives here? The 77 has two rings but the muffler port looks the same in the IPL as a 65. Also his flywheel has three dawgs on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Does anyone know what he has for sure?

Brian

Husqvarna Chainsaw

Just went through all the pages loved it , I have a 298XP bought new still runs strong, don't have a picture of right now , someone posted a picture of it on the OK,AR,MO,KS,TX,GTG thread one about (I know where you got that handel) someone was kind enough to give me a D handle for it so I could remove the Stick I had on it ,cut a lot og big trees with it sence 86

Mystery

Here is another pic. The fuel line comes out of some sort of plastic thing. This is not at all like my 65. What gives? :msp_unsure:

attachment.php

I am sure one of you guys will ID this thing. Cylinder also is marked MAHLE 48ZD3.

That Mahle casting number is for the 65.
The 65 was made for a lot of years, so the differences you are seeing could just be early vs. late models.

Most everything on it screams 65 so I mostly agree but the muffler thing seems too wierd because all the time I spent looking for parts for mine I never saw one like Roy's.

Hi, Newbie here...

Gypo may have the fastest, I have the husky that vibrates the most.... :chainsaw:

this is a F70 Husky, 70cc, and a runner of course. No AV at all on this one...and it really shows...

Great to see some pics of a Husky F70, I have had one for 20 years, it is in use every year, sure it vibrates, so what!... i think it's good for my arthritus:laugh::laugh: . I'm finding it a bit heavy these days, the 70cc motor and all metal construction makes it difficult to heft above shoulder hieght or up ladders. But it is by far the best and most reliable saw I've ever owned (i'll admit to having had 40+).
Does anyone know if spares are available for the F70?... i was wondering if a newer (roller) bar was available...from a different model? also over the years various parts have failed, some of which I have had to have made (i.e. the cup the starter dogs engage in)... info frmo anyone with any experience in this model would be much appreciated.
Thanks....Steve

Nice family portrait

Nice saws :msp_thumbup:

NEEDING some 365 Special parts, please, please, please!!!! :smile2: rotor side crankcase firstly. Gig and screws, and that sheet metal chain guard thingamajig that covers the oil port.

wow, the husky thread died. I have been off AS for quite awhile.

I became engineering supervisor by attrition and it sucks up all my chainsaw fixing time! Huskys are running good though!

Hey look what followed me home! $60 at a garage sale. chainbrake is apart but supposedly "removed because it makes chain maintenance harder?"

3a7ygy3e.jpg

Brian

Back