Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
You are correct .I apologize. The .325 rim sprocket i have here is for a 350 and its a .325/7. i do also have 3/8-8 and 3/8-7 sprockets

Surely, but what each of us have hardly is the question here - it is about what is suitable with a 20" bar on that saw! :D

That aside, what will fit on his saw (and not) depends on clutch drum on the saw (if it has a small 7-spline or a standard 7-spline hub for the rims).

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Unfortunately, I don't think Husqvarna ever made the option to convert a 350 to rim sprocket. We're stuck with a spur sprocket, since HVA never made an oil pump worm gear for CS2150/350 for use with rim sprocket.
I understand you have to be a bit creative to make it work, but don't remember the details......

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
Unfortunately, I don't think Husqvarna ever made the option to convert a 350 to rim sprocket. We're stuck with a spur sprocket, since HVA never made an oil pump worm gear for CS2150/350 for use with rim sprocket.
Well fwiw the 359 standard 7 rim drive drum will drop right on the 350. I just measured the diameter of the worm drive on the 350 and 359 and they are the same. However, the bore of the pump drives is different. So ill bet if you sleeve the 359 pump drive to match the 350, it will probably drop right in.

In my opinion.

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
My old 350.
mytamema.jpg

Hood off.
tu2yhabe.jpg

traktorz

traktorz

ArboristSite Operative
Well fwiw the 359 standard 7 rim drive drum will drop right on the 350. I just measured the diameter of the worm drive on the 350 and 359 and they are the same. However, the bore of the pump drives is different. So ill bet if you sleeve the 359 pump drive to match the 350, it will probably drop right in.
In my opinion.

I guess that's the needed creativity to do, otherwise I just have to run with expendable spur drums, since I've no plans to change from the 7-tooth sprocket to 8-tooth or to other chain types.

P.S.
An impressive muffler mod on your HVA 350. Having added the 350 (e.g. actually the Jonsered counterpart CS2150) to our Jonsered stable (535 & CS2152), I must saw the "350" is a very positive surprise. Good compression, relatively light and agile in manoeuvring, and with the best temperament of all our current Jonsered saws.

Ref:
♦ http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husky-345-sprocket-conversion.118843/

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
I guess that's the needed creativity to do, otherwise I just have to run with expendable spur drums, since I've no plans to change from the 7-tooth sprocket to 8-tooth or to other chain types.

P.S.
An impressive muffler mod on your HVA 350. Having added the 350 (e.g. actually the Jonsered counterpart CS2150) to our Jonsered stable (535 & CS2152), I must saw the "350" is a very positive surprise. Good compression, relatively light and agile in manoeuvring, and with the best temperament of all our current Jonsered saws.

Ref:
♦ http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husky-345-sprocket-conversion.118843/
Thank you! That is my favorite saw!! It actually is a 359 stuffed in there!

briantutt

briantutt

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a Husqvarna 41. Cannot figure out how to get the chain brake back together. Does anyone have pictures of reassembly process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts