Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 357xp is a great saw. Right up there w/ the 361 in performance IMO.
My 385xp...Another story.

I bought it new, but the dealer set the carb way too rich. I took it back & the dealer again set it too rich(11,000rpm. no load). I'm about done with the dealer I bought it at. I've tinkered with the carb myself & have got it close
to where it should be(don't have tach) I think. Plug looks good, clean throttle response, won't die in cut.

With the dealer's first setting of the carb my 357 outcut the 385!

Here's a few nice huskies in my shed..

1100 CD
1100cdbsmall.jpg

266SE

266sejsmall.jpg

2101 xp
2101esmall.jpg

268xp

268dsmall.jpg

444SE

444sebsmall.jpg

380 CD

480cdd.jpg

Some of you might recall I had a like new 242xp, kinda like the pride of my husky collection. A few weeks ago, somebody made me an offer for it I couldn't refuse , so I decided to sell it... I miss it already...great little saw...:cry:

Now that's a nice pile of saws :clap: nothing like those around here that I know of.

dealers suck around here at setting carbs.

The 357xp is a great saw. Right up there w/ the 361 in performance IMO.
My 385xp...Another story.

I bought it new, but the dealer set the carb way too rich. I took it back & the dealer again set it too rich(11,000rpm. no load). I'm about done with the dealer I bought it at. I've tinkered with the carb myself & have got it close
to where it should be(don't have tach) I think. Plug looks good, clean throttle response, won't die in cut.

With the dealer's first setting of the carb my 357 outcut the 385!

i'll never let them touch my saws again.i even tell them not to prep them new.

I rebuilt the carb on my dad's 357xp. How dangerous is getting the high speed needle wrong?:chainsaw:

Some of you might recall I had a like new 242xp, kinda like the pride of my husky collection. A few weeks ago, somebody made me an offer for it I couldn't refuse , so I decided to sell it... I miss it already...great little saw...:cry:
Yeah, they wind up pretty high.:chainsaw:

If you set it too lean (scew too far in).....:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Maybe I better recall it and seek more advice from you guys...what are the tell tale signs of "too lean" ?

:angry: at myself, I don't want to wreck it.

Got a few orange saws here, listed in the signature. I like all of them, but the 55 gets the most use these days. I still don't hesitate to get the 262XP and 268XP out when we get into larger material. The 480CD doesn't see much use these days, as they continue to log out this part of the country, the opportunities to cut larger trees are few and far between....Cliff

Last edited:
the 1 and only husky i got was a great saw umti i found the bigger saws. so instead i decided to play with it
HPNX0676.jpg

HPNX0677.jpg

Can we please see a video of that in action?[/QUOT

i was thinkin about doin that but the weather aroud her has been horrible id outside by my wood pile and get sand blasted. yeah it doesnt cut to fast but it sure does catch peoples eyes.

Back