Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got a few Husky chainsaws and can ID all but one of them.

The serial number tag says type 65 on it.

Clutch Side:
Husky-Unknown-ClutchSideMedium.jpg

Flywheel Side:
Husky-Unknown-FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

It looks like a bit of work, but there is no plastic on it and I may want to fix it up and keep it. I also got a 181SE which is complete, and may opt to keep that one since it is an 80cc saw.

Can anyone ID this saw for me?

Thanks

:cheers:

Chris, that thing got a good P/C on it? I got a line on one that looks great, but its locked up.

Not quite, look what I got the other day, its a L77.

attachment.php

Where do you guys find this stuff? I have stopped at every garage sale since May and only found an Eager Beaver 2.0 that nobody on earth has an IPL FOR (yes I am yelling)...

I am jealous....:chainsaw:

None yet, I see a lot going threw the shop :) ....

I'm looking to get one, anyone have one for sale?
Matt

That don't mean I can't use it if I want to does it?

No, if you like the almost total lack of an AV system (main difference from the 180 etc) - but I think that saw is rare enough (the 65 being much more common) and nice enough, to be more worth as a collectors item than as a work saw! :)

Is it saying anything about TOMOS on the number plate?

Last edited:
No, if you like the almost total lack of an AV system (main difference from the 180 etc) - but I think that saw is rare enough (the 65 being much more common) and nice enough, to be more worth as a collectors item than as a work saw! :)

Is it saying anything about TOMOS on the number plate?

Well I doubt if it will ever get worked too hard in my possesion, got too many others for that duty. Probably more like play at a GTG.

Lack of AV means no difference back then when it was made.

Far as I remember it's a Sweede saw, but I'll look again.

Far as I remember it's a Sweede saw, but I'll look again.

It is, regardless on where it was made - it was a decision of Olof Palme, the bad azz "commie" Swedish prime minister of the time (rebemember his anti Vietnam War campaign, with Jane Fonda?), that Husky had to transfer some saw production to what was considered "Eastern Europe" at the time. Of course it was the most outdated models still in production that were transferred (about 1974).........

Later, some 162se series saws also was made by TOMOS ( I believe it mostly was the 66 - I know there are TOMOS made 66s in the US) as well.

Btw, Olof Palme was shot dead on open street in 1986, still the Prime Minister of Sweden - I never felled a tear about that. The murderer still isn't caught, even though a man originally was convicted.....

Last edited:
Is my thread dead?

Still looking for older metal Husky pics in use. Where were these sold primarily? I NEVER see them around here.

Just re ringed my 3120. It's pushin about 167 psi right now and the rings haven't seated yet. Also have a nice 2100 with chainbrake. Just finished building an 1100 (new rings, carb rebuild). It's in nice solid shape and is an interesting saw. It differs from the 2100 more than I would have thought. I haven't tested comp yet but it is one of the hardest of my saws to pull over. Just a few nights ago I picked up a L65 on ebay for $18.00+$30.00 for shipping. It needs bar plates and a clutch cover, but looks mostly there. So it's not a lot of huskys, but they are some nice ones.

Here's a few nice huskies in my shed..

1100 CD
1100cdbsmall.jpg

266SE

266sejsmall.jpg

2101 xp
2101esmall.jpg

268xp

268dsmall.jpg

444SE

444sebsmall.jpg

380 CD

480cdd.jpg

Some of you might recall I had a like new 242xp, kinda like the pride of my husky collection. A few weeks ago, somebody made me an offer for it I couldn't refuse , so I decided to sell it... I miss it already...great little saw...:cry:

Some of you might recall I had a like new 242xp, kinda like the pride of my husky collection. A few weeks ago, somebody made me an offer for it I couldn't refuse , so I decided to sell it... I miss it already...great little saw...:cry:
What the hell were you smoking? Sell a like new 242xp? :censored:
Was it like an offer you couldn't refuse in monetary terms or an offer you couldn't refuse?

1100 CD
1100cdbsmall.jpg

266SE

266sejsmall.jpg

2101 xp
2101esmall.jpg

268xp

268dsmall.jpg

444SE

444sebsmall.jpg

380 CD

480cdd.jpg

Those are some nice ones there. I especially like the 1100 and the 380.

Was it like an offer you couldn't refuse in monetary terms or an offer you couldn't refuse?

No smoking here, but this saw was too good to be a shelve queen, and I could use some $$$ to finance other saws to add to my collection...:blush::blush:

Those are some nice ones there. I especially like the 1100 and the 380.

thanks, I really like the 1100 and 2101 myself. I was offered a stihl E30 a few weeks ago and just came one day too late... he nearly gave it away to a cabinet maker, grrrrrr, otherwise it could have been crossing the atlantic as we speak...

thanks, I really like the 1100 and 2101 myself. I was offered a stihl E30 a few weeks ago and just came one day too late... he nearly gave it away to a cabinet maker, grrrrrr, otherwise it could have been crossing the atlantic as we speak...

That noise that you hear that sounds like timber falling is my poor little old heart breaking. Thanks for remembering though.:clap:

Well, there are lots of pretty good 242xp's out there, if it left a hole in the collection, and imo it is outdated as a state of the art work saw (still a good one though) - but not everyone agree....:givebeer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back