Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, Palani is down by Kona (if that's where you're talking about). Waimea is heading around the Hamakua coast towards Hilo. Beautiful country.

The town with the world most complicated McDonald's drive through? My wife used to work for Dr. Pat Arthur and her husband is Teddy Gasper. Maybe we will have to come sit in that fancy chair next time were in town and check your Koa permit...

Here's Mine

Some new and some old.

Husky 65 and 137. 65 has 16" bar and Stihl chain, 137 has 16" bar and Forester chain.

attachment.php

Husky 61, complements of B200Driver. 20" bar with Oregon full skip.

attachment.php

Husky 2100CD, nicknamed "Big Mama". Full wrap, dual spikes, currently has 20" bar with Stihl chain.

attachment.php

Husky 288XP. Full wrap, dual spikes, 20" and 24" bars (here with 24") and Stihl chain.

attachment.php

Nice 5 saw plan...Are those monstrous trees cottonwood?

:cry:And I still haven't seen anyone running an all metal husky yet.:cry:

It's no secret that I love Huskies. I have a 262xp on the way and hoping to add a 346xp, 372xpw, 390xp, 2100cd to the Husky family someday.

Here's a few of mine.

100_4142.jpg

100_2516.jpg

100_3870.jpg

100_2188.jpg

Nice 5 saw plan...Are those monstrous trees cottonwood?

The log the 2100 is on was an elm tree a dairy farmer I know cut down in his pasture. The farmer at first was just going to leave it out in the pasture but I cut it down to more mangable size for his Speeco 3-pt splitter on his 2510 John Deere.

attachment.php

The tree in the picture with the 288 is an oak (red oak I think) on the property I usually cut on. It's still alive so it's not coming down yet. However there is some cottonwood on the property and this one that I do belive is some form of cottonwood with my 288 w/20" in front.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
motodeficient,

What do you think of that Carlton sprocket tip bar? It looks like fairly new shape in photo so you may not have much opinion.

I've thought about getting one of those in 20 inch for my 359.

Thanks for the photo.

I haven't had a chance to use it enough to form a good opinion. It looks better from a distance than it does if you look at it close up. The bar seems like it is heavier than it should be. It feels like it ways almost twice as much as my 20" husky bar. Thats probably an exaggeration but it is certainly heavy. As much as I will be using this bar (looking at the wood in the picture, you can see I won't use it much), the weight doesn't bother me too much. I have put it through a couple of 18" logs and it seemed to get a lot hotter than the Husky bar for some reason. Also the laminate on the bar didn't impress me either, looking closely at it when I took it out of the box it has some imperfections that would not be on a non-laminate bar. I also don't know how well a single rivet replaceable nose will hold up.

Overall paying only $30 for a 24" bar overcomes most of these problems.

Last edited:
Model opinions

In your guys opinion what is a good (older) model to be on the lookout for that is smaller than my 362XP that I can put a 16 inch bar on? The 362 gets heavy after awhile and I would like a lighter but still powerful setup. Maybe a project saw for me...

In your guys opinion what is a good (older) model to be on the lookout for that is smaller than my 362XP that I can put a 16 inch bar on? The 362 gets heavy after awhile and I would like a lighter but still powerful setup. Maybe a project saw for me...

Maybe 254XP, 54cc, 4.1hp, 11.9lbs (362xp listed @13lbs, 62 cc, in 1999 catalog). However, I haven't ever run one of them. I'm sure someone will add something. Looking in husqvarna catalogs I have it looks like last year of 254 was for 1998.

If looking to go cheaper there are lots of 55's and 55R out there. The 55R has a metal case, 11.4lbs, 3.3hp, 53cc. The 55 was usually listed at 11.4lbs, 3.4hp, 53cc.

I recently got a few Husky chainsaws and can ID all but one of them.

The serial number tag says type 65 on it.

Clutch Side:
Husky-Unknown-ClutchSideMedium.jpg

Flywheel Side:
Husky-Unknown-FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

It looks like a bit of work, but there is no plastic on it and I may want to fix it up and keep it. I also got a 181SE which is complete, and may opt to keep that one since it is an 80cc saw.

Can anyone ID this saw for me?

Thanks

:cheers:

I recently got a few Husky chainsaws and can ID all but one of them.

The serial number tag says type 65 on it.

Clutch Side:
Husky-Unknown-ClutchSideMedium.jpg

Flywheel Side:
Husky-Unknown-FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

It looks like a bit of work, but there is no plastic on it and I may want to fix it up and keep it. I also got a 181SE which is complete, and may opt to keep that one since it is an 80cc saw.

Can anyone ID this saw for me?

Thanks

:cheers:

What I can ID is that it looks just like my 362XP did after we ran it over with the bobcat :cry:

Now I don't feel so bad :cheers:

Thread is dead...

Nobody on earth is running a metal husky, my thread is dead...

Latest posts

Back