Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The non xp 268's are underrated. I have one and it rips. As good of firewood saw as any for all practical purposes.

That being said, I would put a 272xp topend on it in a heartbeat.

I hear ya,always has done everything I've asked of it:agree2:

There is something about this model stock that is extremely long lived-I've worked the snot out of mine,did full time felling with it for it's first four years.

Just love that saw:clap:

HuskyVent

attachment.php

Still running 3/8 on it. We have 3/8 on everything except the 41 still has .325.
Its nice to not worry about what chain goes on what bar..........

I know what you mean. I never though I'd see the day where I can't work out what chain fits what saw and bar. Some are obvious (like the .404" for the 60"!) but I've found that I'm more often than not having to hold chains up against bars to make sure.
I already stuffed a 3/8" chain on my 5100-S by forgetting to take the .325" sprocket off after doing a 3/8" - .325" comparo. Made mince meat of the drive links in a very short time as I was too stupid to realise why it sounded funny and was binding up.

My "modern" saws are Husky's. get-er-done saws

attachment.php

Mark,

How do you like your 575? I was this close :clap: to buying a used one from our local dealer, then found the 394XPG for $50 more....... I love the 394, but sometimes still wish I had something between the 261 and 394.
I'm sure CAD will kick back in soon and I'll fill the gap some.....:hmm3grin2orange:

This is my firewood saw unless i get some big stuff, then i get my J-Red 2186.
I am very pleased with what my 359 will do, it is muff modded but i would like to get it ported when i get some extra money or i will try it myself, just dont want to ruin it. I think it would be a real fun saw ported.

The Husqvarna 359 is a very good firewood saw,I muffler modded mine and it cut the same as my brothers MS361.Now my 359 is a beast after sending it to MR. Snelling for the woods port job.I was going to port my 359 myself but wanted the max power a PRO builder like Brad would get out of it and I didn't want to ruin it.

Mark,

How do you like your 575? I was this close :clap: to buying a used one from our local dealer, then found the 394XPG for $50 more....... I love the 394, but sometimes still wish I had something between the 261 and 394.
I'm sure CAD will kick back in soon and I'll fill the gap some.....:hmm3grin2orange:

It's a 05 model that I bought new, and it's been great. They got a bad name around here from a few of the early ones, but I believe they also may not have gotten a fair shake around here either.

The saw has alot of power, runs super smooth and has been as reliable as can be. It may have a little more heft to it, but it's power is worth it.

Mark,

Get a 576XP. So far, no bad reviews about it from anyone here that's run one. Nothing but praise actually.

This is my Sling'r 372xpw. I've only had a chance to run a few tanks through it but have a couple wood cutting trips planned next weekend. Very nice saw. I was using it to do some carving on a chair I'm doing last week. It's just has a good feel to it.
attachment.php

A Stihl bar on a Husky? Thats like sleeping with your cousin. Does the job (or so I've heard) but you know its just plain wrong :)

Sort of best of both worlds, but you need an adapter, and may need to lenghten the slot in the bar......:)

Dad's 357XP

Got dad's 357XP back in his line up thanks to all those here at AS. Man that thing screams...puts my 36x XP to shame...:chainsaw:

Well, prolly the most hated Husky in the history of the chainsaw but I just couldn't take a pass on it. First Husky for me, the saw sounds so different from the Stihls. Must be the air injection thing. So far, it doesn't cut bad at all. Little heavy and little cold hearted. Once warmed, it ran pretty good. Getting some freshen up soon.

05-24-09001.jpg

05-24-09002.jpg

05-24-09003.jpg

05-24-09004.jpg

I had to put little Stihl on it. Stihl nut and RSC chain:)

Back