Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, prolly the most hated Husky in the history of the chainsaw but I just couldn't take a pass on it. First Husky for me, the saw sounds so different from the Stihls. Must be the air injection thing. So far, it doesn't cut bad at all. Little heavy and little cold hearted. Once warmed, it ran pretty good. Getting some freshen up soon.

05-24-09001.jpg

05-24-09002.jpg

05-24-09003.jpg

05-24-09004.jpg

I had to put little Stihl on it. Stihl nut and RSC chain:)
You did an impressive job at getting that saw beaten up - has it been rolling around in the back of a pick-up for some time? :confused::confused:

You did an impressive job at getting that saw beaten up - has it been rolling around in the back of a pick-up for some time? :confused::confused:

I was thinking the same thing. Must have been on the back of the truck alot. The saw is only 4 years old. It was sitting in the garage for last year or so...

This is my Sling'r 372xpw. I've only had a chance to run a few tanks through it but have a couple wood cutting trips planned next weekend. Very nice saw. I was using it to do some carving on a chair I'm doing last week. It's just has a good feel to it.
attachment.php

I cleaned up the bar a little. I think it looks good.
attachment.php

I went to the Webster County Wood Chopping Festival in WV last weekend and even though stihl was a sponsor, almost every saw was a husky. All of the hotsaws except for one stihl were huskies, all of the stock appearing saws were huskies except for 2 stihls, one poulan, and one makita(?), and the saw they used to clean up the cuts was a stihl. I was trying to decide between a stihl 361 and a husky 357xp and seeing all of those huskies beating those few stihls i think I've made up my mind: I'm going to be a husky guy.

Is anyone running an older non-plastic Husky lke those in the museum pic? Just curious...

I cleaned up the bar a little. I think it looks good.
attachment.php

It looks like you rubbed just the right amount of filth off to make that bar look great (ie: got rid of the logo!) ;)
Good looking saw though and interesting chair - I bet it took a while with a few kickbacks I'd reckon?

It looks like you rubbed just the right amount of filth off to make that bar look great (ie: got rid of the logo!) ;)
Good looking saw though and interesting chair - I bet it took a while with a few kickbacks I'd reckon?

I love my Stihl's but you're right, it just didn't look right on this saw. My chair is a long ways from being finished. It will be sanded smooth by the time I'm done. And yes, there was a kick back or two.

yea........... but its fun to run sometimes.
Makes for some quick noodling when you don't want to wrestle the big rounds to the splitter.........

I run a 16 on my 2100 sometimes looks kinda funny But man does she rip thru some wood
MD

I have one, it's just the wood is so solid I have to take out the bulk with a regular bar. I plan of cleaning it up with my carving saw before I start sanding. I don't know too much about carving but am trying to learn by reading and doing.

Is it Koa? Let's see your permit!

LOL! I do have access to all the koa I want, I just have to pay for it. That chair is Ohia, which is only found here in Hawaii. It's great for posts for houses, furniture, and makes a good firewood.

My Wife lived in Kona for 10 years that's how I knew about the permit thing. We just were there in March, maybe someday permanently. Where ya at on the island. We have been all over it.

My Wife lived in Kona for 10 years that's how I knew about the permit thing. We just were there in March, maybe someday permanently. Where ya at on the island. We have been all over it.

I have a house up in Waimea. I just love it up there. I've only been here on the Big Island five years but have lived in Hawaii since '82.

Back