Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beats me why theyre there.

after porting my saw i needed more fuel so they came off completly, you can clip the tabs with finger naill clipers to gain alittle. but they still end up limiting out on eachother as the knub comes around and hits the L

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Have two,Snellerized 359 and muffler modded rancher 44.I sold the husky 266SE and the 480CD.:chainsaw:
attachment.php

How old are Huskys? Seems like they all look "newer"...

According to my 2009 Husqvarna catalog they have been making chainsaws for 50 years. Here is my favorite Husky, my only other one is a lttle old 35.

This is my firewood saw unless i get some big stuff, then i get my J-Red 2186.
I am very pleased with what my 359 will do, it is muff modded but i would like to get it ported when i get some extra money or i will try it myself, just dont want to ruin it. I think it would be a real fun saw ported.

I like mine just fine - even if they're not new.

My 280 and 380S are both awesome saws with huge bearings and although heavier than a more modern saw of the same capacity, they'll go forever. The compression on both is excellent, they're easy to work on and very reliable.

One day I might modify one of them for more power - has anyone modified one of these saws?

Gregford

99% of the tree guys around here run Huskies.

except for top handle climbing saws.Stihl does make the best there.after that it's Orange all the way.

if they have been making saws for 50 years why are they all plastic! Does anyone have a pic of an old one?

I have two 50's one is a special and its got its own box. Nice saws
I put a ring in one removed its base gasket and modded the muff, little sucker perked rite up!!!!
No pics as they are at my cabin. :popcorn:

if they have been making saws for 50 years why are they all plastic! Does anyone have a pic of an old one?

Sure do. Taken at the Husqvarna museum in Huskvarna, Sweden:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm not an expert on these oldies, so I can't even tell you what models they are, but I'm sure somebody else will take care of that.

There was a thread with a lot of Husqvarna information, and a few pics if I recall correctly, last winter. Check out posts #162, #215, #216, #219, #220, #221, #222, and #223 for the pics, and then post #244 for the story, or the whole thread.

Not all of this is chainsaw related though, chainsaws are a relatively late expansion branch for Husqvarna, the original being pipes for guns and rifles.

yea........... but its fun to run sometimes.
Makes for some quick noodling when you don't want to wrestle the big rounds to the splitter.........

I've got some wood to cut up today and I've already got a 3/8" sprocket on my 3120. Now that you started it I'm gonna stick a 20" bar off my 7900 on mine too for a bit of fun :)
Is yours still 3/8" or have you swapped the nose to .404"?

Yup,love mine-my smallest and most favorite saw............:clap::clap::clap:

268 non-XP-I've had it for 18 years now,bought it band new.

The non xp 268's are underrated. I have one and it rips. As good of firewood saw as any for all practical purposes.

That being said, I would put a 272xp topend on it in a heartbeat.

time for help

My fathers 357XP was running fine (idles great, winds up great) but as soon as you start to cut...nothin, chain stops. I suspected crap in the carb so I ripped it apart. Sure enough a fiber (looks like clear fiber from the fuel pump diaphragm) stuck right in the final passage for high speed fuel flow into the carb.

Anyway, got a kit and put it all back together. Now it doesn't do anything! When I took the plug out it was dry but does spark. I poured a little fuel in the plug hole and it fired up for a couple seconds and died.

Needles are both 1 1/4 turn out...

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I have only rebuilt 3 other carbs and they all worked so I fell like I flat out just did some obvious (to you guys) newbie mistake.

I've got some wood to cut up today and I've already got a 3/8" sprocket on my 3120. Now that you started it I'm gonna stick a 20" bar off my 7900 on mine too for a bit of fun :)
Is yours still 3/8" or have you swapped the nose to .404"?

Still running 3/8 on it. We have 3/8 on everything except the 41 still has .325.
Its nice to not worry about what chain goes on what bar..........

Back