Husqvarna Jonsred Prem. Sealed Chainsaw Crank Bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motosierra

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
There is a guy on ebay, selling sealed bearings to replace the open-faced bearings on most Husqvarnas..this is what he says:

"The factory installs an open style bearing with an outer seal. This bearing usually fails due to condensation which builds up inside the case (which causes the bearing to rust) and the bearings to fail.

This seal also keeps the grease on the bearings (where it is supposed to be) thus making the bearings last longer. The design of the saw(s) have nothing to keep the grease inside the bearings on the inside of the case (open bearings ~ grease falls out ~ bearings fail!).

Also with these bearings you now do not have to use the factory outer seals."

....so anyone have experience with this type of application?

Pure Bull Shizt!!! I have heard of guys using the sealed bearings with good results but you still need the crank seals.

Edit: I think some of the newer homeowner saws have the bearing and seal made as one unit so this could be what the guy is trying to sell? But on a regular pro saw you still have to use the seals.

Last edited:
:popcorn::popcorn:

I have heard both sides of the arguement here. I believe member "litefoot" has been running a 372 for a few years now on sealed bearings and NO crank seals. Someone on here is. I won't be doing that on any of mine but It has been tried with success. I can't imagine that it is that great, or the MFR's would be doing it.

Back