Husqvarna Made in Japan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Don't know why the box states Made in Japan when the tools ID tag has Made in Sweden. Picked it up yesterday, built in 2012 and BTW this is a new 30"hedge trimmer with a black fuel cap and X-torq. Won't take it apart now but wonder if it has a catalytic muffler?

Last edited:
Fwiw, some Husqvarna hedge trimmers in the past have been either an orange Redmax design, or rebadged Maruyama. Maybe post up a pic or two and I can see if I recognize it.

Edit: TL typed faster:)

562xp made in Sweden
6eqe2yza.jpg

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Could also be made by kawasaki.I had a husky backpack blower that was made by them.good blower just didn't have the controls on the blower tube.

Yeah, Husqvarna, made in China, Japan, Brazil, US, Sweden , most likely a few other places too. Whats the confusion all about?

And.........NO it doesn't have a cat muffler.

the only saws that I know of that are made in japan is stihls

Stihl doesn't mfg in Japan. Germany,Brazil,USA and China, Chains are made by the Swiss
China is for the pacific rim with the exception of a opening price point trimmer we'll be getting this year.
Echo is making engines in Japan and has shut down all the Shindawia operation but the engine facility, their shipping to I believe Lake Zurich, Il and marrying the plastic to the engine in final assembly. The plastic and overall construction of the 590 sure isn't up to par with it's predecessors imho, poor air filter design, just a cheaper feeling lighter plastic construction, definetly built to hit a price point. If it weren't for string trimmer and blower sales it wouldn't be a need to mess with the Echo line, the shop has carried it for 35 years, can't compete with internet pricing in many instances you can buy them as good as we can.

All Echos are Japaneese. Kioritz for the older ones and I believe Shindawa for some of the newer ones, but I may be wrong.

As i understand it, Echo and Shindaiwa now has the same owner (or Echo owns Shindaiwa?). Shindaiwa is discontinued as a chainsaw brand, and their somewhat better Technology/design now is used in some newer Echo models, like the 620.

Yeah, Husqvarna, made in China, Japan, Brazil, US, Sweden , most likely a few other places too. Whats the confusion all about?

And.........NO it doesn't have a cat muffler.

Products that isn't chainsaws are made in a lot of different places.

If China is involved, I believe it just is about cheap products for the Asian market though.....

And if we are honest, where do you think Husqvarna got it's stratofied engine technology from? As far as I understood at that time Husqvarna still belonged to Electro Lux and they simply bought Zenoah to have access to the patents.
http://www.zenoah.co.jp/int/company/innovations/

Stihl on the other hand had to pay royalties to Zenoah.

And if we are honest, where do you think Husqvarna got it's stratofied engine technology from? As far as I understood at that time Husqvarna still belonged to Electro Lux and they simply bought Zenoah to have access to the patents.
http://www.zenoah.co.jp/int/company/innovations/

Stihl on the other hand had to pay royalties to Zenoah.

As I know the story, both Husky and Stihl originally worked around the Zenoah patents for some years before Husky eventually bought Zenoah - and they enjoy a technology advantage over Stihl because of that.

However, there always will be something we don't know about such stories. I know that Stihl is paying Husky in some way for AT technology, but not really if they do for strato technology as well.

What I understood was that Stihl paid for strato technology royalties before Zenoah was bought by E-Lux. But I might be wrong.

Latest posts

Back