Husqvarna model so new even the company doesn't know about it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smaller, lighter saws with low profile or narrow kerf chains (or both!) are nice for limbing and smaller stuff, but they don't have the power for regular bucking (e.g. I have an ECHO CS400 with 3/8 low profile and 14 and 16 inch bars). I like a saw to run without being under heavy strain for regular cutting.
Hmm, that has not been my experience. I have several small saws that will pull an 18" lo pro (which is also narrow kerf) through hardwood quite quickly, and a 16" easily. My 40cc 142 has a 16" 0.043" Microlite bar and is never strained by anything.

I guess it's just what you are used to. I started with lo pro saws and a full kerf chain still feels like driving a truck - you can make 'em go but you need a lot more power to do it. I've thought several times about starting a thread on big saws/little bars. It just seems counterproductive to carry a heavier saw and use more fuel just so you can move more wood.

Back