Husqvarna pet peeves...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don’t know how many husky fans are here, but I am certainly one of them. However they just aren’t ‘perfect’ so to say, but pret near close in which I’m sure you husky owners would agree haha :)

One thing that drives me BONKERS is how far the adjustment screws are recessed in the chassis. Trying to get my little flat head in there with the saw vibrating leads to a lot of cursing and longer than normal adjustment times!!

Dear husky if you are reading this can you please raise the screw height to or at the level of the outside frame? Also paint them yellow so I can see them properly!!!!

Does anyone else have anything to add lol?

I know we all hate muffler restrictions but I doubt that will ever change...

I don’t know how many husky fans are here, but I am certainly one of them. However they just aren’t ‘perfect’ so to say, but pret near close in which I’m sure you husky owners would agree haha :)

One thing that drives me BONKERS is how far the adjustment screws are recessed in the chassis. Trying to get my little flat head in there with the saw vibrating leads to a lot of cursing and longer than normal adjustment times!!

Dear husky if you are reading this can you please raise the screw height to or at the level of the outside frame? Also paint them yellow so I can see them properly!!!!

Does anyone else have anything to add lol?

I know we all hate muffler restrictions but I doubt that will ever change...
I am a Husqvarna fan. I bought my first chainsaw in 1985. A Husqvarna 50. I used it until 2000 when I stopped burning wood. It still runs and I still use it for pruning limbs and storm clean up.
I rebuilt the carb once and replaced the clutch and the stop switch. It still runs great.
The carb screws are hard to get on. I have a small Craftsman saw that has splined carb screws. They require a special screwdriver but they are super easy to get on and stay on. I am a fan of them

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

External clutches are my peeve.
Every time you change a rim is a chance to eff up the piston.
I know it’s been done countless times without error but sometimes shat happens.... could be avoidable.
Do you use an air impact wrench?

Ok, ill say it.

Dispite the folks that are not a fan of auto tune i have had zero problems that were the saws falt. Only operator error stupis stuff. Though no professional arborist by any means whatsoever, I use my saw pretty frequently for wood gathering and enjoy having excessive amounts of wood.

I LOVE my 562xp

My only complaint. The stupid air filter. I hate felt filters and the filter “horn” that seals the crap out is not the best. But i use small amount of mopar RTV around it and the filter stays on forever until a new one needs to go on. Now it stays clean in there.

And i like my spark arrestor because i hate sparks in my woods

If the screw wasn’t recessed good luck keeping the screwdriver in the slot of the screw on a running saw. I think that would be worse than just having to hit a hole and turning till it engages.

They make some great saws but it sure would be nice if they used a logical part number system. I mean, what in 503 72 74-01 gives you any indication that it's a 272 brake handle?

Muffler bolts that won’t stay in. I have 3 husqvarna 350s that the muffler bolts fell out of. Also the plastic intake clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should l be not using an impact wrench? I’ve been doing this for years. Electric dewalt 1/4” drill driver ones. Not being sarcastic here, very curious if this is a practice I should stop doing.
That's how I do it, but do not use a piston stop. Local Husky tech does it the same. As Ryan'smilling says, leave the spark plug in.

Should l be not using an impact wrench? I’ve been doing this for years. Electric dewalt 1/4” drill driver ones. Not being sarcastic here, very curious if this is a practice I should stop doing.
That's how I did it. Cordless impact driver with no rope in cylinder.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I do it that way. Same for removing the flywheel nut. As long as the spark plug is still in, you don't need a piston stop. The compression holds it still long enough to spin the nut off. It is important to know which way you're supposed to turn it though.

Muffler bolts that won’t stay in. I have 3 husqvarna 350s that the muffler bolts fell out of. Also the plastic intake clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always used blue loctite on muffler, oil pump and cylinder bolts. That carp about Stihl never has bolts come loose is just that, crap! Seen it many times. Most saws people ask me to work on are dirty and have not seen regular service. When a person drops off a dirty saws and says it just won't run. I clean it up,air filter plugged, change spark plug, starts and runs well with a tune. Then think I should only charge for spark plug. WTH! A lot of people ask way too much from these high revving saws ( do not care what brand), run them for months, sharpen chains and replace bars, but never clean the power head, air filter or muffler screen. :crazy2: Done, now I feel better. :cheers:

I do it that way. Same for removing the flywheel nut. As long as the spark plug is still in, you don't need a piston stop. The compression holds it still long enough to spin the nut off. It is important to know which way you're supposed to turn it though.
+1, or twist ends off of crank, or strip them!

I too also use a small impact driver, a Milwaukee 1/4” with a 3/8 adapter for the socket, I do not name the piston up with a stop or rope.

Always used blue loctite on muffler, oil pump and cylinder bolts. That carp about Stihl never has bolts come loose is just that, crap! Seen it many times. Most saws people ask me to work on are dirty and have not seen regular service. When a person drops off a dirty saws and says it just won't run. I clean it up,air filter plugged, change spark plug, starts and runs well with a tune. Then think I should only charge for spark plug. WTH! A lot of people ask way too much from these high revving saws ( do not care what brand), run them for months, sharpen chains and replace bars, but never clean the power head, air filter or muffler screen. :crazy2: Done, now I feel better. :cheers:

I love this post

My pet peeve is all my co workers, friends, family think Stihl are professional saws and that all huskies no matter the model are “homeowner saws”. Lol. Cracks me up. Seems to be this way throughout Ohio. For whatever reason the Stihl is the real saw and the Husky is the “plastic” saw. Hahahaha of course we know better but around my parts others dont. Husky for life for me because the AV is amazing.

Back