Husqvarna rumor or fact.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I noticed that Husqvarna is discontinuing the 390 Xp, the 395 xp, and there 3120 xp? Are they getting out of the big saw market or is something new coming down the pipe? Hear any rumors yet? Maybe something lighter with more hp?

My thoughts are I’d like a new husky with XPG. My last new saw someday.

I've seen that posted by A saw expert out in the pacific north west from time to time now for years. Haven't Heard it lately though it wouldn't surprise me. But they ( Husqvarna } recently released a "short block" for the 385/390 with an all new crank with a cool looking connecting rod. Doesn't sound like a "pitch the model plan" doing things like that. I can see them doing what they did with the 288's with the 395/3120 though. THAT wouldn't surprise me even a little as the volumes sold can't be big. So sending them "south" to where regulations are less might make some sense. But I really have no insight and haven't heard that rumor recently.

I've seen that posted by A saw expert out in the pacific north west from time to time now for years. Haven't Heard it lately though it wouldn't surprise me. But they ( Husqvarna } recently released a "short block" for the 385/390 with an all new crank with a cool looking connecting rod. Doesn't sound like a "pitch the model plan" doing things like that. I can see them doing what they did with the 288's with the 395/3120 though. THAT wouldn't surprise me even a little as the volumes sold can't be big. So sending them "south" to where regulations are less might make some sense. But I really have no insight and haven't heard that rumor recently.

None of those three models are available in europe, apparently they cannot meet new emission standards that went into effect this year. I am sure they will be available in areas with out strict emission standards for quit a while

My local dealer told me 2 weeks ago the stock left in the warehouse is it for anything bigger than a 576 in my area.
He said he can't get anyone at husky to fill his order for anything larger, and he's stopped trying to sell, or order big saws.

The EPA will make sure it happens. I bet as said the 572 will be the biggest one left after a while. This is THE reason i got a 3120 and a 385.

I knew they were going to stop the big saw sales in the US sooner than later.

A 572 is honestly the biggest saw i would EVER need for falling.

But what about if you mill?

Better get one now if it was in your plans.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

since the 3120 isn’t offered anymore what’s going to take it place. Are the larger, heavier, bigger cc saws seeing there demise? If we watch the lighter saws gaining in hp will we see a lighter, more hp saw that can handle longer bars, it seems that certain models come and go very quickly. Is the emissions the driving factor in the newer designs. Time will tell.

since the 3120 isn’t offered anymore what’s going to take it place. Are the larger, heavier, bigger cc saws seeing there demise? If we watch the lighter saws gaining in hp will we see a lighter, more hp saw that can handle longer bars, it seems that certain models come and go very quickly. Is the emissions the driving factor in the newer designs. Time will tell.

Or maybe the one guy who assembles the 3120's is retiring... I don't know. I'm very tempted to buy a 3120 to keep in the original box just in case I find out I want one someday. But it would get used at least once anyway, thats certain.
Or incase the price unexpectedly skyrockets, and I can use it to "get rich quick".

I noticed that Husqvarna is discontinuing the 390 Xp, the 395 xp, and there 3120 xp? Are they getting out of the big saw market or is something new coming down the pipe? Hear any rumors yet? Maybe something lighter with more hp?

My thoughts are I’d like a new husky with XPG. My last new saw someday.

Where is this information coming from???? The 390XP, 395XP, and 3120XP are still showing on the Husqvarna website for me.

Didn't we do this about a year ago???, It was the Chicken Little, the sky is falling, the 3120XP is being discontinued, even some dealers supposedly reinforced that idea, but alas the 3120XP returned

What is the source of this information????

Doug :cheers:

Latest posts

Back