Husqvarna Saw Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have two Husky saws, a 350, and a 372xp, and each one has been giving me the same problem. There are times I use them with no problems, then they will act up. I mention that to rule out a problem with the current gas mix I am using, This has been going on for a while on different batches of gas mix... and I always use premium gas, a 50/1 mix with high quality 2 cycle oil. When working the saws hard, and into long cuts, they will bog down, loose power and act as if they are starving for gas. If I loosen the fuel cap and tighten it again they will run ok. It's like the gas tank is not "vented." I have checked the inline gas filters and they are clean... and I always clean around the caps before adding gas or chain oil so nothing gets in there. My question is, are the gas tanks vented, and if so, and the vent is clogged...where the heck is it?? Or, has anyone out there had a similar condition with their Husky saws, and if so what was your fix?
Thank you for any replies!

the vents on gas tanks are not working, thats the reason... starves for fuel due the vacuum created inside gas tank...

I am not sure about the 350 or the 372xp, but if it is like my 357xp, it is a simple fix. (This is describing a 2005 357xp) Pop the cover off the saw to show the carb and air filter. You will see two lines, one hooks to the carb and is the fuel line, and beside it is a line hooked onto a plastic nipple that goes no where(holds tube in intake area so it is less likely to get dust/chips in vent). This tube goes down to the tank vent. The tank vent is white plastic, and I grabbed it with needle nose pliers and just pulled it out (Empty gas out of saw first). Take a small allen wrench, and knock out the "guts" to the check valve/tank vent. From here, you can go a couple different ways. Clean and reinstall as it was, or as I did, leave the internals out and reinstall. I have had no problems with any leaking or anything. Just don't store it on it's side and you will be OK.

Your saws may be totally different, I don't know. But they do have tank vents of some sort.

Hope this helps
Deezle

Back