Husqvarna: spare parts availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stud Duck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 025 Sthil that i can still get most parts for, so...

How well does Husqvarna do when it comes to providing spare parts and is it easy to find spare parts for their older saws?

talking to our saw dealer. he said. husky was having slightly more problemgetting parts, than stihl. i hedged my bet and bought a husky, becasue i have a stihl already. last year my stihl shop couldnt get anything in the prograde line up . the mufflers were coming from germany.

husky comes out of brazil/ u.s germany/sweeden. i'm hopin g with all the geopolitical disruptions. if i cant something from one line. i can get it from somewhere else.

the local saw shop goes right to husky to order. but you have baileys/little red barn/donny walkers saw shop/madsens . i think your ok , as long as your payinging attention to what series saws is in production now. 3/4/5 maybe 4 peters out a nd they keep the 3 and 5 going out of popularity. some of that stuff is modular

I have an 025 Sthil that i can still get most parts for, so...

How well does Husqvarna do when it comes to providing spare parts and is it easy to find spare parts for their older saws?
:laughing:
Basically Stihl parts for old saws are perfectly reasonable - no real reason to buy aftermarket stuff.
Husqvarna sets their price about twice that. You got a 372 - yeah enjoy that...
A Stihl MS 460 crancase is about 250, thats German production for you - the best there is in the world.
a Husky 372 crankcase is about 450...

Attachments

• RIMG0380.JPG
    RIMG0380.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 0
  • RIMG0381.JPG
    RIMG0381.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 0
  • RIMG0383.JPG
    RIMG0383.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 0
I've found for consumables, Stihl is way overpriced in my area. Clutch drums, carb kits, bearings, etc Stihl wants way to much. That being said, an Oregon drum, Walbro carb kit and substituting a "generic" 6202 bearing for the fw side offsets that. Husky is more reasonable, but only somewhat. 2 years ago I paid $45 for a set of SKF 6202 C3 bearings from my Husky dealer that I can buy online from the same company for about $8 a pop. Overall, neither is bad per se, for older models Stihl's harder to find parts for, and to date I haven't found a Husky part I can't get.

Back