Husqvarna special tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
Can someone steer me toward or forward me a current Husky special tools catalog? We keep getting strato Husky saws in, and I'm ready to throw down the coin for intake adapter flanges for a couple of models. I cannot find a catalog anywhere newer than 2008. In specific, I'd like a 455/460 flange, and a 575/576 (maybe it fits 570 also?). We have a 576 in now on its second visit, and I'm tired of guessing. Luckily, the local Husky shop is not liked by some, and they'll give us more than one try to make it right. I'd also like to get the hardware to flash AT systems, as nobody else around here can do it.

Maybe the special tools are IN the grass catcher?

Lol. I found that also, Neal. Thanks for trying. We have a "reciprocal parts exchange" of sorts with a not-so-local Husqvarna dealer. They just had a baby within the last 48 hours, and I have been asking for months on the catalog already. The likelihood of me getting anything through that channel without a part # is exceedingly small. Hopefully Spike or someone can hook me up.

The special tools tend to be listed in the Workshop Manuals - but then you have to find those of course.....

"Flanges" sounds like parts though, not tools - so I'm not really sure what you are looking for? :confused:

The special tools tend to be listed in the Workshop Manuals - but then you have to find those of course.....

"Flanges" sounds like parts though, not tools - so I'm not really sure what you are looking for? :confused:
I'm looking for the fixtures to block off the intake for pressure/vacuum testing. The complex intake design makes blocking it by conventional means impractical if not impossible. Blocking it off at the cylinder is of no use, as that is not uncommon to be the source of the leak. That, and some of those intakes are difficult (or impossible) to remove without cylinder removal.

I'm looking for the fixtures to block off the intake for pressure/vacuum testing. The complex intake design makes blocking it by conventional means impractical if not impossible. Blocking it off at the cylinder is of no use, as that is not uncommon to be the source of the leak. That, and some of those intakes are difficult (or impossible) to remove without cylinder removal.

I see! :)

455/460 intake :5025 248 02
570/575/576 intake :5025 248 01

For the exhaust,they used a rubber flange that you insert between muffler and cyl # 5025 411 02

Here is the 560/562/555/556 special tools:

Pos Description Used for Order No.
1 Piston stop Locking the crankshaft 575 29 36-01
2 Hook for fuel filter Suspending the fuel filter 502 50 83-01
3 Allen key, 4 mm For M5 bolts 502 50 87-01
4 Allen key, 4 mm For M5 bolts 502 50 18-01
4 Allen key, 5 mm For M6 bolts 502 50 64-01
5 Air gap tool Setting, ignition module 502 51 34-02
6 Clutch tool Centrifugal clutch 575 25 14-01
7 Assembly fixture Securing the chain saw 502 51 02-01
8 Pressure gauge Pressure testing 531 03 06-23
9 Test spark plug Checking the ignition module 501 97 64-01
10 Assembly pliers Fitting the spark plug guard 502 50 06-01
11 Dismantling device Dismantling the crankcase 575 28 69-01
12a Assembly tool Assembling the sealring 575 34 70-01
12b Guide sleeve Assembling the sealring 575 34 69-01
13a Cover plate, inlet Closure of inlet 574 71 14-01

13b Cover plate, outlet Closure of outlet 575 29 81-01

13c Cover plug, inlet Closure of inlet 574 70 12-01

13d Pressure tester Pressure testing the cylinder 503 84 40-03

14 Mandrel Dismantling the flywheel 502 51 94-01
15 Assembly tool Assembling the crankshaft 502 50 30-23
16 Puller Dismantling the crankshaft 531 00 48-67
17 Engine Diagnostic Tool Diagnosis and troubleshooting 576 69 23-01

I'm about to order some Husky parts. I'll look in the system for you when I'm doing it.

Well why not go to your Husky dealer and have them print you off a copy of the Service Tools Catalog?

Don't bother getting the AT reader, as a non dealer without the updates available to you its pretty much useless.
Mainly because they also used to be the Stihl dealer in our area. They never were terribly high volume, and when we got started, Stihl offered the franchise to us in order to get an "elite" dealership. There is still a little bad blood over that, though the owners of both stores finally meet a few weeks back, and they hit it off petty well.

My dealer doesn't mind ordering the tools for me, but reminds me they have a service department. I have been getting tools little by little. It does make the job easy when you don't have to make a tool and just pull out the tool box. I just wish Husqvarna had a seal puller like Stihl. Also if you have a Northern tool near you they can order the stuff for you and you can use the coupons that come in the mail.

Jeremy

My dealer doesn't mind ordering the tools for me, but reminds me they have a service department. I have been getting tools little by little. It does make the job easy when you don't have to make a tool and just pull out the tool box. I just wish Husqvarna had a seal puller like Stihl. Also if you have a Northern tool near you they can order the stuff for you and you can use the coupons that come in the mail.

Jeremy
You ever use the Stihl seal puller? There are much better options out there, a simple drywall screw and pliers work better and faster.

Last time I used my Stihl seal puller was about the last time I dug my dwell meter out of my tool chest.

Nope, but I've heard they are the cat's meow I can't swallow the price and just use a screw driver and a good pick.

I looked all over the Husky parts site and couldn't find a catalog anywhere.

Latest posts

Back