Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought of another place.
The husqvarna 543 is made at Redmax aka Zenoah factory they bought out. Made in Japan.
The manufacture of Pro saws like the 543 outside of Sweden is remarkable but Husqvarna products have for many years been made in many places in many countries, and if the plant is a wholly owned subsidiary, like Zenoah, Poulan or Jenn Feng, it's not the same as outsourcing , e.g. when Partner made the 1000 for McCulloch.

I started assembling my 2100 today. Most of the husky tools have arrived. I have the ignition side crankshaft in place. Tomorrow it’s assembling the pto side. This one I might leave stock except for plugging the govenor and advancing the timing.

I also purchased the pressure testing tools for the engine too.

These were bouncing around the fuel tank of my new to me saw. Any ideas what they're to? Didn't see anything obvious.

Attachments

• 2772B44A-50EC-4011-92C4-2646B653DAF2.jpeg
    2772B44A-50EC-4011-92C4-2646B653DAF2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
So my big question, is it worth it to go full wrap or not? I do a mix of cutting down trees and cutting up ones already down. For felling it seems like it'd give me a bit more control. I've seen the kits fairly cheap which makes it seem like a no brainer. But, I haven't even started this saw yet! Probably won't for a few as it's a million degrees here in VA.

I set one saw up for felling. It was a 2101xp with a full wrap handle decades ago. Fast forward. To today I have a 266se, 1200cd, 480cd, 570xp, with full wrap handles. I like the full wrap handle when felling I just flip the saw and back cut after the knotch is done. I like a very fast cutting, very sharp saw when felling, it’s knotch, backcut, drop, move to the next one no wasted time.

Very humid here today, good time to build some saws.

The mystery remains. Whats odd is the blue rubber washer/o-rings has a blue tint too it that's looks awfully Husky like but still no clue what it's go to.

Were you planning on using chrome rings in the husky cylinder? If so, I believe that's not recommended. Apparently chrome on chrome is very bad news.

If your search doesn't pull up any OEM rings, Hastings will make steel rings to order at a reasonable cost. Likely SAE 9254 alloy. I think LeeH said around $15 a ring. Worth checking out.

In dirtbikes they use chrome rings on nickasil cylinders.

I the standard piston rings in saw are cast. The cylinders are either chrome plated, or nickasil. Either way the only reason I see rings wearing out is lack of oil. Or the carb is too lean.

My 99 Husqvarna 250wr sucked in the base gasket and the dealer replaced it. I know the mechanic and he asked me what kind of two stroke oil I’m using the case inside and cylinder was covered with oil. I told him maxima super M.

Giving up on the thin ring 2100 piston in finding rings for it. I might sell it soon. What’s the value the thin ring piston thats perfect.?

Latest posts

Back