• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna & Stihl Saws For Sale!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One pic of the saw has a wrap handle..the other does not . Plus one pic is on what looks like a white table...the others on a white shop rag . Even if this seller some how is legit.......her selling days on here are toast . Too many red flags for us . Walk away fellas !

Wrap or no wrap on the 460, SCAM SCAM SCAM! As with many things in this world, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Kinda looks like two different saws to me....but I'm not very smart. I don't wish to start a fight but it does seem a little odd

Not two different saws- three different saws... The first picture shows a half-wrap saw with an 046 (screw cap) style crankcase. The second picture shows a saw with a mangled Husqvarna handle. The last picture shows a newer saw with a variety of aftermarket parts.

Not two different saws- three different saws... The first picture shows a half-wrap saw with an 046 (screw cap) style crankcase. The second picture shows a saw with a mangled Husqvarna handle. The last picture shows a newer saw with a variety of aftermarket parts.

Look at the rash on the front handle in picture 1, is that also present in picture 3?

User name on that Ebay acct seems to be a man and the feedback rating is 100%

Just last week I listed my bike on CL and got a few text and emails from someone who wanted the bike and was pushing pay pal, which I found odd and were also very willing to help me ship it. Whan I checked the area code it was a Canadien area code, I texted them back letting them know I no longer trust PayPal. They stopped contacting me. I've also had something similar happen with a car. That's what these people do for a living and they are good at it and it is very easy to reach a wide audience and only needing a 2-5% success rate. AS is the wrong place for a hood wink.

Has anyone here dealt with this Ebayer at all? It seems his purchase history has been lots and lots of chainsaw items.

I KNEW IT! You know if you were legitimate and innocent you would make a stand in your defense. She made no effort at all. She knew she was had on page one. She wanted private email addresses to send pics. I suggested she post them here. She said she didnt know how. Its just as easy to post here as it is thru email. Then I said post pics with a piece of paper with todays date- never got a response or an acknowledgement of that recommendation.

Besides the fact that it's a scam.... I want to tell you all that I am proud we worked together on this and protected eachother's interest. Nobody got burned, we protected our own, and ran off a fraud. Internet buddies or not- we should be glad we got eachother in our corners.:rock:

I KNEW IT! You know if you were legitimate and innocent you would make a stand in your defense. She made no effort at all. She knew she was had on page one. She wanted private email addresses to send pics. I suggested she post them here. She said she didnt know how. Its just as easy to post here as it is thru email. Then I said post pics with a piece of paper with todays date- never got a response or an acknowledgement of that recommendation.

Besides the fact that it's a scam.... I want to tell you all that I am proud we worked together on this and protected eachother's interest. Nobody got burned, we protected our own, and ran off a fraud. Internet buddies or not- we should be glad we got eachother in our corners.:rock:
Well said!

Well said, I'm glad to be apart of the AS family

The handles are completely different. Picture #1 shows a regular Stihl half-wrap handle. Picture #3 shows a Husqvarna half-wrap handle modified to fit a 460. That smudge you're seeing in picture #3 is dirt.

Aha..., when I view them on my laptop it is very clear there are multiple saws. You can see the chrome on the front handle in image 3 that is not present on the other photos. Phones are great, but not made for detail work...

Thanks for looking out for those of us who are not as aware with these scams . You guys did your homework...and for finding those pics that were scammed from an Ebay auction...bravo gentleman..bravo :clap:

Back