• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna & Stihl Saws For Sale!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buncha dang Sherlocks around here...

I'm sometimes a little disappointed how some that list saws here (legitimately) get raked over the coals, but this thread shows the seedy reasons behind it.

I tried a google image search on one of the pics, but came up empty, thanks tallfarmboy for the research. The IP addy comes back to Victoria, BC - often they show up as different than the right location, so it's apropos of nothing really.

Time for a little administrative action, I think.

I want to add a couple things to the discussion... I almost bet you that the IP address will come back to someone who has been a member of this site before. They knew how to post good information about saws... AND they knew that posting as a woman would dull our senses (Oooohhhhhh, it's a lady...)
I agree with the call for an administrative IP block.

This is the perfect example of why I only buy from "Active/Known" members here. If I dont know ya- I ask around til I find out enough to make a smart decision. If at all possible I try to buy from the guys that run in the same circle as me. At this point, I dont need any more saws so I can use real discretion when buying.

I want to add a couple things to the discussion... I almost bet you that the IP address will come back to someone who has been a member of this site before. They knew how to post good information about saws... AND they knew that posting as a woman would dull our senses (Oooohhhhhh, it's a lady...)
I agree with the call for an administrative IP block.
I think a former member would have been a little smarter w/ pics... afik, any "tree service" in that area would be done by Asplundh, davey, etc they seem to get a lot of the highways work in those parts. guaranteed people around there needin/wantin saws have 1 or 10 already... been thru there a few times...

Greeting and salutations Cindy,
My Nigerian benefactor would like much to purchase your saws at the asking price. This equipment is very hard to come by in his country. He is willing to pay and additional $1000 in gold bouillon for your cooperation in helping with this transaction. I am currently out of the country on official business. Please contact me at [email protected] with your bank account information so the funds can be directly transferred into your account.

Sincerely,
Pierre Iscamu
Assistant to the Minister of Tree Service Operations, Nigeria

For the most part we are smarter than the scammers and able to identify them. I deal with fraud daily in my job so have come to learn what to look for but every once in a while one gets by. I have actually been successful in having the company discontinuing offering products where most of the "sales" were thefts.

Greeting and salutations Cindy,
My Nigerian benefactor would like much to purchase your saws at the asking price. This equipment is very hard to come by in his country. He is willing to pay and additional $1000 in gold bouillon for your cooperation in helping with this transaction. I am currently out of the country on official business. Please contact me at [email protected] with your bank account information so the funds can be directly transferred into your account.

Sincerely,
Pierre Iscamu
Assistant to the Minister of Tree Service Operations, Nigeria

Im not sure pierre iscamu is really the minister of tree defense. ;) I watch CSI too !!!!!!

Like Steve said above, this is a prime example of why some new sellers get raked a little. If you're legit, you'll stand up to some questioning because your honest and want to make a good sale.

You are correct. But IIRC, you do have protection with paypal if you pay for goods and services. Everything I have bought on here I add the fees to my total and pay using the option "paying for goods and services"; so instead of paying $300 as a gift (really $310 with fees per say), I am paying $310 for goods and services and the seller still gets his/her $300 and I have buyer protection. I do not send money as a gift since there is no protection. I am paying the same amount and have buyer protection. My PP acct bills my CC too, so I have double protection.

Well I would not call what PP has as buyer protection. With a CC if there is a dispute, you ship the saw back, and on the seller signing for it, the CC company refunds your money. In the case of PP, you have to file a claim, and it gets arbitrated by PP. I bought a saw on Ebay years ago that became the Saw from Hell thread here on AS. It is long gone now, after we were going to go to the seller's house with torches at midnight and the like. It started a riot, so they yanked the thread. He sold me a beater 210 as a 'clean, great runner'. It was anything but. I filed a claim with PP and the seller claimed that he posted 'no refunds.' PP pointed out that by using PP, the seller was required to ship goods as stated in the condition stated, and they had to accept them in return if they were not, regardless of what they post on Ebay. He ranted and raved, started a swearing storm, posted negative FB on Ebay (sellers could do that then) and they awarded me the claim and later removed the negative FB from Ebay. However, returning the saw would have cost me for insured post and signature, and it was not worth it. So I fixed it and left it with my ex when we split up. I have posted many essays on this experience and how to avoid getting burned buying saws online. I also bought a 460 once on Ebay and it was not as I thought it should have been (a lot more beat up). Anyway, it turned out that the guy was on AS and he paid for the return shipping, and agreed that the condition was not as stated on the Ebay post.

As for PP messing things up, I have shipped over 100 saws overseas to Oz, NZ and the north EU and I have never had a saw lost in shipping, or a payment missed or hosed up by PP. CC payments can be reversed by the buyer for any of several reasons, and banking laws in Oz are not very strong. Similar to bank wires. I know a guy in California that used to ship saws to Oz that got stung by a bank wire reversal. So I only take PP, and I wait until the funds have cleared before shipping. I have never had a saw returned or lost in shipping. I have never had any funds lost either. I over-insure all my shipments, but I have never had to file an insurance claim. The AUD has dropped like a rock again, so I do not ship many saws down under these days. But for a while there it was brisk. And there were good saws to be had here then, like the 200T, the 440, the 372xpw, and the 361.

BTW: I never buy or sell from or to Canada. Postage from there is ridiculous, and packages shipped from Canada are often times dug into or broken. Shipping to there is a PITA as well, so I stopped. I do not ship to southern Europe either. Spain, Italy, and Portugal especially.

Last edited:
Too bad Cindy was a fraud. I was slowly sizing her up and asking about her background, and BC in particular. Playing the good cop. The Elko part was weird. There is absolutely nothing around there. And outside of Victoria and Vancouver, there are not many arborist businesses. Its all logging. A more plausible story would have been a small logging company was bought out and had the saws. But then again, they would not have any baby 200Ts. Amusing that someone would have the balls to wade into and take on this forum.

Dodgy bugger, but well done to all the AS detectives! You saved one of us a good reaming

Sent from my GT-I9210T

Punching buttons on AS is a lot of fun but it would be more fun to punch these kind of bastards squarely in the chops. That's why they feel safe hiding behind the great cyber curtain like the spineless lowlifes that they are. On here, when they get caught, it's no big deal. They just move on to greener pastures. Anyway, if it really was a female (never know that for sure anymore) ya couldn't punch em anyhow. Good work fellas.

Too bad Cindy was a fraud. I was slowly sizing her up and asking about her background, and BC in particular. Playing the good cop. The Elko part was weird. There is absolutely nothing around there. And outside of Victoria and Vancouver, there are not many arborist businesses. Its all logging. A more plausible story would have been a small logging company was bought out and had the saws. But then again, they would not have any baby 200Ts. Amusing that someone would have the balls to wade into and take on this forum.

Your kidding right? Elko is in an area of of BC called the Serengeti, surrounded by Cranbrook(pop50000) Kimberley (10000) HUge coal mine in Sparwood and is a cottage area 3 hours from Calgary with a population of 3 million all of which make over a 100G`s a year.Awesome ski hills !!!
Cottages,summer homes are everywhere with 150 foot firs spruce hemlocks cedars and larches hanging over them.
You would make a killing with a tree co there.Your only problem would be getting employees for under 30 an hour.

Back