• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here you guys go, as the title says 540xp.
Here's the story, I just picked up another one and I already have another, if the story is hard to follow I'll show my work. 2+1=3(540's) and I'd like to reduce that by one at this point but may list another too, we'll see.
The saw has done everything I've asked it to do. I bought it used and used it on a few removals last year and doing a little work around the house.
It has a slightly loose wrap handle where it goes into the top handle. I think it just needs to be tightened. I planned on tightening it when I was replacing the switch at the auto return on the switch does not work, seems the spring inside is missing, maybe there is a writeup on it. Sure I could fix it, but then I wouldn't be able to keep the price as reasonable as time is money.
I need to get 200 PHO plus shipping.
Pictures coming in a few.
Brett

It’s kind’ve dirty though !! [emoji13][emoji13]
Your right it is pretty dirty, sorry that, the good thing is it's clean chips and oil o_O.
I was thinking about you last night watching a movie with my wife, ironic you made the first post in here :yes:, sure you "can" guess which one:blob2:.
That's why he is really sailing it;)
It is easier than cleaning them Wayne lol.
Must be the “dirty” stepchild, they’re the first ones to get the boot, while the other two are basking on the counter
Someone is getting things figured out :laugh:.

Well you guys were to slow lol.
I pulled the handle apart and used the one off one of my other saws, I also tightened up the wrap handle, it was just loose as suspected.
New price 225 PHO, or 250 with an Oregon bar and chain.
I may clean it this week if I get a minute, price will be adjusted accordingly if I do.

Did you get the switch working?
I did swap the switch out with one from another 540, works as is should and the handle has been tightened also.
That switch is easy to replace. A lot easier than replacing an impulse line on a Stihl 026. Buy it before the price goes up.
I did the switch and tightened the handle yesterday, and the price went up accordingly, and will again if I clean it this week :).

Can I ask what shipping might be to zip 12054?

Edit: I have no problem cleaning it, my OCD would have it down to the guts making it shine

Yes sir, can I send it to you for that part, then you can mark it up accordingly :envy:.
Sure, everyone always brings a dirty saw when it needs a little repair work. Sold a saw to a local 2 years ago and he called saying it just quit running. Had no idea what could be wrong, changed spark plug and fired right up. $30 for cleaning and $3 for the plug. :crazy2:

Sure, everyone always brings a dirty saw when it needs a little repair work. Sold a saw to a local 2 years ago and he called saying it just quit running. Had no idea what could be wrong, changed spark plug and fired right up. $30 for cleaning and $3 for the plug. :crazy2:
.......must have been a Husqvarna brand.... I have been told there not as good a German made stihl chainsaw ? ...I am not sure really....:surprised3:...:rolleyes:...haahahh

I have been told there not as good a German made chainsaw ?
Fixed it Rod :rolleyes:, you had to be talking about a Dolmar, when the spell check kicked in :p.
Sound fair to me, I don't like cleaning a nasty saw :eek:.
I will as well.... this is a pro series top handle saw ..with a darn good price and great seller ...............carry on ...
You know it is a great saw and a great price, I just got a good deal on one that doesn't need as much cleaning so this one is headed down the road.

Saw is sold pending funds.
Thanks everyone,
Brett

Latest posts

Back