Husqvarna , The Whole Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go, husqvarna swedish mausers, M38's and M96's, calibre 6.5x55 swedish. Super-accurate, flat shooting, hard-hitting, low recoil, great deer calibre from whitetail thru to elk. Here's an original model and also a cut-down model. Some are branded as Carl Gustav

jk.jpg

jkkk.jpg

jkk.jpg

That top 30.06 (?) in the pics is simply beauty!
*drool/schlobber*
Very nice weaponry man. First rifle I ever shot was and old Lee-Enfield, fully stamped beaut in near mint condition, so accurate it felt like it aimed itself, hm, ta think they used to sell 'em in the back of old PM mags for like 50$

:cheers:

Serge

Lol

While Husqvarna has had a well established reputation for quality for centuries, dating back to the 1600's, the company achieved international fame and recognition when internationally acclaimed saw expert and celebrity spacemule chose to run their 272xp in 1994.

The discriminating celebrity is not easily impressed, so his unwavering support and endorsement for the 272 earned Husqvarna a well deserved recognition as the choice of equipment for professional users. Conflicting company Stihl promoters have been trying for years to get spacemule to endorse their brand, but they were unsuccessful.

Didn't you trade that for a 044??? hehehehehehehehe
I know you did, lmfao...

:cheers: :greenchainsaw:f

And Gas, if I could I'd give you some rep about 10x's for those posts...hhehehehehehehe

Last edited:
Sweet rifles.

That 6.5 is a wonderful cartridge, hits harder than it should for it's size and good manners.

Now I've got Swedish Mausers on the brain.

Here we go, husqvarna swedish mausers, M38's and M96's, calibre 6.5x55 swedish. Super-accurate, flat shooting, hard-hitting, low recoil, great deer calibre from whitetail thru to elk. Here's an original model and also a cut-down model. Some are branded as Carl Gustav

jk.jpg

jkkk.jpg

jkk.jpg

Man, a company that builds chainsaws and guns? What more could you ask for?! I hear that Stihl introduced a line of firearms to compete with the Husky's. Unfortunately but yet fittingly, they didn't go over. :cheers:

toy_gun_exploded.jpg

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Grandmother, but thanks. My dad had been taking care of her for awhile now. He has had it pretty rough lately. Lost my mom two years ago before Christmas and now he lose his mom after. I bet he is thinking. Gee the holidays just suck.

Grandmother, but thanks. My dad had been taking care of her for awhile now. He has had it pretty rough lately. Lost my mom two years ago before Christmas and now he lose his mom after. I bet he is thinking. Gee the holidays just suck.

That would do it. Have a safe trip.

Sweet rifles.

That 6.5 is a wonderful cartridge, hits harder than it should for it's size and good manners.

Now I've got Swedish Mausers on the brain.

It originally was the Krag caliber for the Norwegian Army etc, but could be loaded to a higher pressure for the Swedish Mausers......:clap: :clap: :givebeer:

It has been the fate of countless moose over here.

Last edited:
My grandpa hunted close to 60 years with his old .30-40 Krag. He bought it for $12 if I remember what he told me correctly/U.S military surplus back in the 1930s when you could buy them mail order. Then it was "sporterized"-barrel and stock cut back and a marbles peep sight added.

Very smoooooth action, and a neat way of loading with the tip open on the side.

Sawtroll, I think most people in the U.S. would consider a 6.5 mm caliber too small for moose. But I read an article several years back that said it was very popular for moose in your part of the world. I believe it, the heavier bullets have great BC and penetration, without beating up the shooter. It's the marksmanship that counts anyway.

.... Sawtroll, I think most people in the U.S. would consider a 6.5 mm caliber too small for moose. But I read an article several years back that said it was very popular for moose in your part of the world. I believe it, the heavier bullets have great BC and penetration, without beating up the shooter. It's the marksmanship that counts anyway.

I believe it has killed more moose here than any other caliber, and mostly with the low pressure Krag loads (the Mauser loads are hotter).

--but it has been out-lawed for some time now.

Btw, our moose are a lot smaller than the North American ones, more like your elk in size, I believe.

Are replacement parts easy to find for HV chain saws?

Thanks in advance
David
Iya! Duncan, hm, me old stompin' grounds (not missed). Hey David and welcome to the site, go post this in the chainsaw forum where she belongs, don't be embarissin' us old 'Little Chick-cargo' guys ;)
Post type of saw (HV, ya means a Husky??), year, problem, etc., and yes you can find parts for most of 'em. :)

:cheers:

Serge

Last edited:
Back