husqvarna, what changed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
357xp flooding couldn't start so I took it to the shop. Started right up. Okay.... He asked what mix I was running. One of the larger bottles of XP mix to 2 1/2 gal. of premium. He says the new bottles mix with 2 gal. REALLY!!! I checked the bottles left in the six pack at home and they are 1 to 2 1/2. But what has changed, the oil, the gas, the mix ratio? I didn't check the number of oz. in the new bottles or if it is still 50/1.

Not really sure what you got going on, but for 50 to 1 the larger bottles(6.4 oz I think) do mix with 2.5 gallons of gas. Mix with 2 gallons if you want 40 to 1. The medium size bottle(maybe 5.2 oz) mixes with 2 gallon for 50 to 1 or 1.60 gallons for 40 to 1. Sounds like your shop COULD be mistaken on the bottles.

How long was it from the time it wouldn't start til the time it did. It's common for a flooded saw to sit a while then fire right up.

Not really sure what you got going on, but for 50 to 1 the larger bottles(6.4 oz I think) do mix with 2.5 gallons of gas. Mix with 2 gallons if you want 40 to 1. The medium size bottle(maybe 5.2 oz) mixes with 2 gallon for 50 to 1 or 1.60 gallons for 40 to 1. Sounds like your shop COULD be mistaken on the bottles.

try again:cheers:

try again:cheers:

Ok, So I left out the 12.8. Not many people mix 5 gallons at a time, and if they did, they dont usually post questions about there saw flooding. You left out the 5.2 oz mix.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:. Good day friend!!

Ok, So I left out the 12.8. Not many people mix 5 gallons at a time, and if they did, they dont usually post questions about there saw flooding. You left out the 5.2 oz mix.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:. Good day friend!!

:dizzy: so I did...but in my defense....

Well I have not seen a 2 gallon gas can in a long time....

Also i have never seen the 5.2oz bottle, in fact this is the first time I have ever heard of it....:cheers:

:dizzy: so I did...but in my defense....

Well I have not seen a 2 gallon gas can in a long time....

Also i have never seen the 5.2oz bottle, in fact this is the first time I have ever heard of it....:cheers:

Around here it's the damnedest thing you ever seen. Everyone sells 2 gallon cans and 2.5 gallon oil mix.:dizzy:

Just gouging ya ramrod! LOL However I feel like Art, everone sells 2.5 gallon mix and a 2 gallon jug here. Works out good for 40 to 1 though.:cheers:

I mix in 1 gal increments to keep the fuel mix fresh. I use the Echo brand mix in all my 2 strokers for the past 7 years w/ no fuel related problems. More mixing when cutting, but it "forces" you to take a break-you know how that is.

Back