Husqy 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone tell me whats the difference between the cat muffler and the non cat muffler performance wise? thaks :msp_smile:

can someone tell me whats the difference between the cat muffler and the non cat muffler performance wise? thaks :msp_smile:

You will notice a small increase in power but a huge decrease in temperature. The Cat muffler retains heat and seems to make the saw run hotter. The temp increase could hurt the lifespan of the saw.

now i know what to order with my gift cards. thanks. i live in hawaii and it stays around 60-80 in the winter months and 70-95 in the summer months. deff wanna keep some life in this saw so after marker muffler it is.

You can order the Husky non-EPA muffler for your 359. PN 503 91 75-04. Also recommend searching AS for 359 muffler mod. Couple different options and some help others needed.

i think its a great around saw my go to saw for firewood have fun with it lee

Just fired up my first ever 357xp! i didnt cut much with it but i could tell right away this is going to be the best all around saw i ever owened:rock::rock::rock:

i should mention that this saw sat in a box in many pieces untill acouple days ago.........finally got around to fixin it, well worth the wait though:hmm3grin2orange:

I had a 359 with a 24 inch bar and chain. No problems and good speed in oak, beech, hickory here. I've had some other larger saws with 24 inch bar (dolmar 7900, husq 385xp, stihl 440, 064) to compare to and the 359 was an over-achiever when compared to them. I used full comp chain on the 359. Good luck with your new saw.

Repped

pulling out blue choke lever with winter gloves on.

I broke one of those blue choke leverswhen it got snaggled up in the hole in my glove. Other than that I kind of like them. I can tell if the saw is on or off without my glasses on. I had to write ON on my 7900 because I flooded it twice trying to start it in theOFF position. Sux getting old.

Back