Husqy 51 (what would you do with it?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those keys are cast and soft, if not tightened, will strip out. I have cut a slot in flywheel and installed a key several times. Make sure crank is cleaned well, more like a compression fit.

I’m down with dremeling out a slot and fabbing up a key to fit but how would I go about making sure the timing is on point, looks like the old key chewed up the exact point the flywheel day on it, maybe I could even advance it a degree or two but I can’t really tell where the original location/line up would have been

I’m down with dremeling out a slot and fabbing up a key to fit but how would I go about making sure the timing is on point, looks like the old key chewed up the exact point the flywheel day on it, maybe I could even advance it a degree or two but I can’t really tell where the original location/line up would have been
That could be a problem, usually can see where it was sheared off. Leaves a clean mark. But have had to find a good one, taken off my 372 to mark a sheared 365 one. Do you have a dealer close that may have a used one laying around?

Latest posts

Back