Hutzl 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jd548esco72

jd548esco72

ArboristSite Guru
yea i built one --but you need to sell me that OEM cylinder--lol--

some of these hudzl,farmertec types of builds come out very well-- two or three years back i built a ms440 with mostly hudzl parts and some time after that i built a 372XP with ALL china parts . the MS440 was no sweat --the 372 was a bit "tweeky" but has now settled down into a solid strong saw--

if you have experience with saws you shouldn't have much of a problem building a 372 from a kit.

seems like some place that started with an "A" sells those husky kits for $215 shipped--

you tube has a lot of them cutting -- just search china 365/372 ect-- some seem to run very hard--

jd548esco72

jd548esco72

ArboristSite Guru
i used a hudzl case and p/c on the 440 , and a arbor-tec case on the 372XP -- and i also used their cranks, bearings , seals and even those circle clips everybody hates-- i like their cases---

i got a spare 372 short block from arbor tec -- never used it--

i also used their coils, flywheels and sparkplugs -- , carbs, intakes and mounts, oil pumps and small parts-- to be honest the only things i worry about much are their rubber stuff-- the starter on the 372XP and how long the plating will hold in the cylinders--

the MS 440 i have run for several years-- so far it has cut more wood than the ms290 box store saw i had that locked up-- i don't think the china cylinders or rings will hold up like OEM in a pro saw , but their at least as good as a typical box store saw-- that said i am still trying to wear these out-- on 50 to one mix no less-- and so far they seem to be fine--

if you take your time and check everything over -- and do a good job on assembly there is no reason to think you can't make a decent saw from a china supplied kit. you will probably find a few things that need to be corrected in the kit-- but once it is sorted they run shockingly well--

jd548esco72

jd548esco72

ArboristSite Guru
hudzl is cheaper on individual parts -- parts kits they vary arbor tec sells the 372 kit for 215 shipped hudz $247 , with the 361 huztl is a bit less than arbortec--

their probably one and the same -- just two storefronts --

Latest posts