Hutzl customer service is the pits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dclloyd111

Reaction score
I ordered three 28 inch bars with chains. They sent the 28 inch bars and 25 inch chains. I wrote back telling them about their mistake. After about 2 weeks of back and forth they are refusing the send the correct chains. At this point I am about the give up, but just wanted to share what pathetic customer service hutzl has. These are the types of responses I have received:

I think our departure get confused when packing goods. Hope you can understand.
We hope you can stay the three Chains, maybe you will need them in the near future,
and we can make a partial refund of USD6.00 to compensate you, and you can buy the Chains on our site again,
is it ok for you, my friend?
And we can also send some coupons to your accout, ok?

Dear Sir,
The 25inch Chains you received, maybe you will need it,
so we hope they can use instead of the 28inch Chains.
The price of 25inch Chains and 28inch Chains are similar.
And the $6 and some coupons, we just wanna compensate you.
Hope you can understanding.

About the 25 inch Chains, might you sell them to someone else?
We think maybe your friends or relatives will needs the Chains.
Hope you can take a try. Ok for you?
We are really thanks for your helpful.

Dang that sucks. I never understood why Huztl was such a pain to deal with. Got some electronic stuff from another Chinese supplier and the case came broken from Amazon, said it was Amazon's fault but made up for it none the less. Within that day they sent out a new case and some leads as well no cost to me. Good customer service isn't that hard, I don't know why they make it so painful. I tried to get a new carb out of em a while ago and they insisted on being difficult. Gave up and ordered a used oem instead. They must figure if they make you wait long enough you will just give up, which doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

I've got a damaged Cylinder from them. waiting to see if I get a refund on that, or how we will deal with it. I buy everything on a credit card, and said credit card company has a history of being happy to support me in not paying businesses that are trying to screw me around. I hope they can get their customer service together, so it doesn't come to that. They were pretty prompt in letting me know why my package was taking so long to show up, but the tracking numbers they sent were garbage and didn't work.

I have purchased tons of stuff from Huztl/Machinesdoctor in the past and although their customer service used to be great, I more recently had some less than pleasant experiences with them and reduced my purchases from them by about 90%. Customer service will make or break this type of seller and they're about to discover that.

I wouldn't even mess around, just call your credit card company and dispute charges.

I'm waiting for a response back for some failed parts but I am not holding my breath.

Bought a Husqy 288 cylinder kit from Hudzel (that how it's pronounced?). Jug, piston, wrist pin, rings, and wrist pin bearing.

Wrist pin wasn't correct, was about 1/8" too long so couldn't put the circlips in. Cylinder had 2 fins broken off. Was like that before it was packed too, as the broken pieces weren't in the box.

I contacted them and they pretty much did the same as the deal with the chains. I was able to reuse the OEM wrist pin, got tired of waiting on them (took several weeks)

I had to send them photos 3 or 4 times and re-explain what was very simple. I got the impression whoever was replying didn't have a good understanding of English.

In the end they wanted to refund me $3 and I could order the correct parts, which they didn't sell separate. I was thinking.. uh... really? All I wanted was the right parts. The cooling fins oh well, but still pretty crap QC on their part to box it up instead of putting it in the cull pile.

That appears to be the way China generally deals with the US and others I would guess. Kind of a take it or leave it thing. I've bought a few things from China but I think we need to start looking at the bigger picture in the future and start weaning them out of our manufacturing and us back in.

Don't worry people: that guy who thinks he can get Stihl/Husqvarna/Shindaiwa quality at China prices from Huztl by pestering them with emails will be on the case shortly.
Well when those companies produce parts over there, yes I do expect better. They can most certainly produce good quality goods, just a matter of higher QC.

Well when those companies produce parts over there, yes I do expect better. They can most certainly produce good quality goods, just a matter of higher QC.

The latest Samsung Galaxy smartphone is assembled in both China and Korea and is exactly the same price, same quality. But that price is not cheap by any means...

Morale: if you buy a recoil starter which costs one tenth (you read that right) of the original spare part you are definitely not buying the same quality. If you believe differently and also believe that by sending out emails left, right and center you are going to get OE quality for one tenth of the price you are going to walk away severely disappointed.

Thats a bummer. I only use HL supply or definitive dave for parts these days. What i cant get from them i get from bob in new york. I have better **** to do than mess around with crappy service.

A few years ago when there was less competition out there I was buying here and there from them,
had very few quality issues as long as you knew what parts to avoid.
What issues I did have was receiving the wrong parts, stihl pull handles instead of husky, 372 recoils instead of clutch covers.

Same type of response as others here that maybe I could use (eat) the incorrect parts anyway.
As these were fleabay transactions they had to send me the right parts at my insistence and after two times they blocked my account from any more purchases.
Could buy direct but the crazy way they tier their shipping costs (add a 50 cent item to the order and shipping jumps $5) makes it not worth dealing with for me.

And they're not the only game in town anymore so eff 'em...

Could buy direct but the crazy way they tier their shipping costs (add a 50 cent item to the order and shipping jumps $5) makes it not worth dealing with for me.

They seem to charge shipping by weight/size, and once you cross a certain threshold there, it gets much more expensive. their shipping costs and shipping time make many of the parts not worth it, even if they were great parts.

They seem to charge shipping by weight/size...

That's makes too much sense, lol.
In my experience, one small screw can tip the balance in a big way, while a p&c or tank/handle may or may not have any effect.
Maybe they've changed it recently?

I found when compiling an order, I had to recheck shipping constantly as there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to when it took a big jump,
like sometimes $15 at a time.
Just for chits and grins I tried to put together a few hundred buck order of mostly small parts a few months ago and the shipping just killed it.
That and I was adding to the cart over a period of weeks and all of a sudden the shipping took a big jump all on it's own.
I tried paring the order back but couldn't get it any where near where it had previously been no matter what I deleted.

And then put up with a bunch of missing/wrong parts that they'll tell me to pound sand on...?
I like cheap parts to play around with on cheap saws but there's a limit to what I'll deal with.

I bought a Husky top cover from them about a year ago that showed up and was more brown than orange. I asked to return the part and they refunded my money and told me to keep the part.

Sounds like they've sent their customer service off shore since then.

F*** China. I wish we could export to them the traitors who closed down American factories so they didn’t have to pay an American worker a living wage

Back