Huztl Farmertec 372 Build Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6CF7D7F2-33D5-44A1-8213-270457ADD1C9.jpeg Tickled pink with mine, a couple beers a few YouTube videos a parts diagram and she went together really nice. Cut for about 3 hours yesterday and wow she pulls really well, happy customer so far. I really want to do the 070 next “bbq saw” stare at it with the boys and make man noises.

I think I NEED one of these saws!!
Putting it together and maybe 'blue printing' it
This was my first saw build, I will say that I am better then most and worse then some when it comes to wrenching on things “diesel mechanic” but overall it was fun for me.
I ordered up a 070 and 180 kits, 070 is mine going to build the 180 with my nephew and let him have it. Blueprinting would be fun to keep a log book on the saw to see what kind of longevity/performance increase could be had.

I am leaning towards the MS360 or this Husky kit. Did it come in 72cc size? Confusing as they do offer 48, 50 and 52mm p&c for these huskys.
By blueprinting I am thinking more along the cleaning, dressing and matching things to be the best possible for what it is. Yes a log of fits etc and results would add to the fun. Have a 52mm Huztl p&c coming for my Jonsered 670. Finally had the gumption to sort it out in stock form and now wondering how it could possibly run better haha. Seems real perky the way it is.
Thanks for posting this saw and look forward to your other builds!
Walter

The 372 kit comes with a 50mm, I purchased a 52mm to play around with. “There’s no replacement for displacement”. My original plan for this saw was to mill with it, but bucking firewood with 70cc’s is a lot funner then 50cc’s.

Not sure of the stroke but I have heard 75cc thrown around a few times. I'm going to lightly port it "Clean up the edges", and open up the muffler a bit but its pulling so well with the 50mm right now I think its going to be awhile before she see's the big bore.

Received my 52mm kit from Hiztl today
Gorgeous looking parts. Cylinder says made in Italy? Plating and ports appear perfect! Waiting on carb bolts and carb box seal.
No decomp included but have a couple from coil orders hope one will fit
Should make a nice Jonsered 672 out of this bb stuff eh!
Fun fer shure

Hit 20 tanks about an hour ago, my splitter blew the motor so I have been a noodling fool. The knock off 372 sure produces some fine noodles... Been putting together my 070 kit, Ordered a 21" wide tip bar and a 46rs chain cannot wait to get it cutting.

21" bar on a 070????? Seems like a waste to run that big ass saw with such a short bar. Bet you have to dog in hard or run no rakers to get it to clean up proper in the cut.

21" bar on a 070????? Seems like a waste to run that big ass saw with such a short bar. Bet you have to dog in hard or run no rakers to get it to clean up proper in the cut.

Really Hard, I welded a 4' chunk of 4" schedule 80 on the the bottom of the saw and extended the the throttle cable to the end. I get underneath the pipe with my squirt boom and give her hell wide open still can't get her to bog down she just EATS... Im going to thrown in a "Haha" just in case somebody thinks this might actually be true.

In all seriousness I just wanted to see that tiny wide tip on a big fat saw, I'm sure its not going to be ideal but where I live an 18" tree is HUGE. Its going to be a usable BBQ saw, most guys out here didn't know saws get bigger then 70cc's. If all else fails all build my kid a mini 070 powered ratrod I suppose.

The one and only 070 ive worked on drove me nuts with the governor. So i messed with it till i got some revs outta it. Didnt have a tach at the time but id guess it was doing close to 10k. Ran soooo much better the owner was super happy with how it ran. Still running today i might add. We both figured and hoped it was overbuilt and could handle the revs. My pops said it wouldnt last but that was 2 years ago and it lives on a mill. The owner had a 60x40 barn full wall to wall lumber from it.

Saw assembled and started today. Will go at a few cuts tomorrow yippee

Edit, owner failed chain filing 101. Crap cutters filed about half of new with depthers untouched. Zero chip load so must have been riding on this thing to cut period.
Back to shop for a filing and set depthers down 0.030".
Good to go.....

Back