Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trboxman

trboxman

ArboristSite Operative
Maybe I misunderstood. Did they leave out provisions for the shutter, or is the hole there with no shutter? If no hole, I'd forget it. If the hole is there, I'd definitely want the shutter to block it.

It's a faithful copy of the Stihl housing, it has the shutter holes and the slide mounting points. It just doesn't include the shutter. An OEM shutter will slide right in and be a proper fit.

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
"COMPLETE PARTS FOR STIHL MS660 066 ENGINE MOTOR CRANKCASE CRANKSHAFT CARBURETOR CYLINDER PISTON CHAINSAW"
kit

there is nothing wrong with the silly back and forth i am having with them. i have sound reasons and good judgement. i think its a good copy as well, except

Attachments

• shutter missing.jpg
    shutter missing.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 96
Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
they wrote me this.

"summer winter air flow shutter: do you mean the shutter below the shroud? This shutter is only available on the previous MS660/066 chainsaw. On the latest version, there is no longer the shutter. Pls check the official parts diagram we attached."

again look at the ad title above

Attachments

• ms660 shutter by huztl.jpg
    ms660 shutter by huztl.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 155
  • no shutter OLD 066 VERSION hutzl.jpg
    no shutter OLD 066 VERSION hutzl.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 148
trboxman

trboxman

ArboristSite Operative
they wrote me this.

"summer winter air flow shutter: do you mean the shutter below the shroud? This shutter is only available on the previous MS660/066 chainsaw. On the latest version, there is no longer the shutter. Pls check the official parts diagram we attached."

again look at the ad title above

That would be item #18

davhul

davhul

ArboristSite Guru
Man their on crack and probably missing teeth is my image of them. I would flip out and and scream send me #18. Crazy

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Sorry I got the number right in my response to them. No screaming that never helps. I ordered one right away. If the company wants to do right I am going to help them. If they don't there is nothing I can do for them. I'm just real persistent not particularly mean.

I told them 2 pieces of foil but I think only pointed out #4. But that's because she only sent the two drawings. There should be some final response from them. I fully expect them to actually do nothing. It could get interesting.

Honestly that's a big saw. You cutting in the summer or winter the air flow is designed to flow through one hole not both at a time. A small change to the kit would be helpful.

She closes each letter on how important their customers are. I am holding their feet to the fire, not really, cause I would never hurt someone. The idea would be more appealing then dealing with me.

BTarb24

BTarb24

ArboristSite Member
My kit arrived today. I was able to pull the crank seals with a seal pick. The crank pressed in easily with my drill press without using heat. I installed the piston, cyl, muffler, oiler, and clutch.. all were fine and didn't have any visible issues.

The problem is that I'm missing a couple parts. I commented on my paypal dispute and offered to either receive them in a new package or receive a $25 refund so that I can buy them through amazon. (guessing they're pricy from a local stihl dealer, but didn't check)
  1. Woodruff key to attach flywheel
  2. Clutch drum + rim sprocket
I did receive my spikes. I'm not quite sure if i have all my screws or not since i'm currently stuck without the key and drum.

Interestingly, my oiler came pre-assembled and already primed with oil.. but they also included a separate baggie that included some duplicate oiler parts.

5i6tDE8.png

bjqZbkd.png

NjLHJdC.png

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Be nice to have enough of these locally to hold a GTG with these as a theme...even some impromptu racing. Stock class (54mm) woods mod..(56mm) and anything goes classes. :) The price point takes the sting out of building a hobby/race/GTG saw. :) Allows those with skills and talent explore where before it took thousands of dollars. Also happy to see someone pick up the torch and move it forward relative to organizing the information to make it easier to replicate. A parts list or a sources for complete kits to mitigate the need for a list .. I never really had the time or focus. Huztl seems to be helping as well. I still think round two for me is starting with a box saw and then targeting some upgraded parts to make it more reliable first and then obviously the "Hot Rod" mentality will kick in. My early builds have already begun that process through just using them and debugging them. At this point my 56mm build from that first video with my wife is absolutely at a "Pro level" in performance & stability. Chain adjusters, some of the rubber parts, carbs etc. Wonder if Farmertec has upgraded as they have with the Husqvarna offerings. I wouldn't beat up Huztl or whom ever too bad on the details as long as they respond or we can find either alternative sources for those detail parts, even better yet help THEM understand what's required. My bet is after a few iterations these will settle into a more regular event for them and the bits and pieces left out will become an anomaly....and future purchasers can thank this new group for making that a reality. I won't have a lot to contribute at this point other than what I've done & on reliability based updates and performance upgrades because..Really, how many saws can a guy actually use?? It's a testament to these Farmertec parts that I have that 56mm puzzle saw in my main "In the truck" work saws! I have had a lot of fun with mine and they have in returned a lot of fire wood! Proves the point that for a person looking to repair or extend the life of some of those older saws can in fact do so for a reasonable price.

AND should anyone wonder if they actually run like a 90cc saw....here is a video from last year when the 56mm was still all pretty...its scuffed up now but runs even better after break in & a Walbro upgrade!

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
One last thought.....these saws are NOT for the novices, they are big powerful saws that can create one HELL of a mess in a hurry! If you are new to the saw world and end up with something like this, PLEASE get some training and absolutely make certain you have your PPE's on when running one....CHAPS, HELMET with FACE protection along with steel toe shoes at an absolute minimum. It scares me that a "price point" mentality can drive a project like this and the the same mentality MIGHT rationalize not having PPE's

davhul

davhul

ArboristSite Guru
One last thought.....these saws are NOT for the novices, they are big powerful saws that can create one HELL of a mess in a hurry! If you are new to the saw world and end up with something like this, PLEASE get some training and absolutely make certain you have your PPE's on when running one....CHAPS, HELMET with FACE protection along with steel toe shoes at an absolute minimum. It scares me that a "price point" mentality can drive a project like this and the the same mentality MIGHT rationalize not having PPE's
100% correct. And cranking it with the chain brake on and setting it when your walking around the wood pile is a good habit

jackjcc

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Chain break! That's the hardest thing to get into people's head to use. Especially old timers.

I finally got the website to work and I am going to order the 361 kit. I have a 660 and 036, I'd love a 372 but I don't think their kit has the 372 cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbohn

tbohn

ArboristSite Operative
I asked Huztl ebay store if they offered ms660 kits through ebay. Here is their response.
"
I am Ellen from Farmertec.
Ebay don't allow us to write email address in ebay message nor attach relative link about our products, so I found out your email address according to our sales record.

Huztl ebay shop doesn't list any complete kits, but we have another website, www.huztl.net. We have listed ms660 complete kits there and it is underpromotion, price is very nice.
If you have further query about our products in the future, just feel free to contact me.
Have a nice day
Regards
Ellen"

She says the ms 660 kits are "underpromotion". Maybe for a limited time at this price???

I also asked about ms 460 kits. They said they are not available.

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
if you still have the bag the flywheel came in, double check it. That is where my key was. just in case you don't want to waste any time the woodruff key is 2x3.7. glad you finally got your kit. drill press huh? i have one, never thought of that

Woodruff key to attach flywheel

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
I think the price will rise soon. The whole idea was to stir business towards their own website and cut out ebay as much as possible and with the e fees the price would not be so good. helen is watching this very closely. look on the arbortec website and the kits are twice the price. they removed the pictures but its the same kit.

I asked Huztl ebay store if they offered ms660 kits through ebay. Here is their response.
"
I am Ellen from Farmertec.
Ebay don't allow us to write email address in ebay message nor attach relative link about our products, so I found out your email address according to our sales record.

Huztl ebay shop doesn't list any complete kits, but we have another website, www.huztl.net. We have listed ms660 complete kits there and it is underpromotion, price is very nice.
If you have further query about our products in the future, just feel free to contact me.
Have a nice day
Regards
Ellen"

She says the ms 660 kits are "underpromotion". Maybe for a limited time at this price???

I also asked about ms 460 kits. They said they are not available.

tbohn

tbohn

ArboristSite Operative
My kit arrived today. I was able to pull the crank seals with a seal pick. The crank pressed in easily with my drill press without using heat. I installed the piston, cyl, muffler, oiler, and clutch.. all were fine and didn't have any visible issues.

The problem is that I'm missing a couple parts. I commented on my paypal dispute and offered to either receive them in a new package or receive a $25 refund so that I can buy them through amazon. (guessing they're pricy from a local stihl dealer, but didn't check)
  1. Woodruff key to attach flywheel
  2. Clutch drum + rim sprocket
I did receive my spikes. I'm not quite sure if i have all my screws or not since i'm currently stuck without the key and drum.

Interestingly, my oiler came pre-assembled and already primed with oil.. but they also included a separate baggie that included some duplicate oiler parts.

5i6tDE8.png

bjqZbkd.png

NjLHJdC.png
Its interesting that you are missing the clutch drum. They told me my order was delayed because the drum was out of stock. I ordered mine on 6/9.

Latest posts