Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason they don't sell them on eBay. It likely would be disruptive.

Not on your mobile device unless you can get the desk top version go to
Huztl.net

It will not load

so if our studs 1138 664 2400 were changed to the different style ms studs 0000 953 6605 would that solve the issue or create another with bar fitment? maybe davhul will weight in? my reasoning is $10 replacement and no reason to modify the cover?

It's not the length of the studs, it's that they're taper studs and the cover appears to be made for the older non taper flat collar studs, the tapers have a greater standoff on a cover that's not counter sunk for the taper on the stud.

so if our studs 1138 664 2400 were changed to the different style ms studs 0000 953 6605 would that solve the issue or create another with bar fitment? maybe davhul will weight in? my reasoning is $10 replacement and no reason to modify the cover?
Keep the tapered studs and drill the cover. The wider shoulder on the tapered studs are a nice improvement they made a few years ago.

i likely will go 40:1 too and its stihl silver all the way for me and in my fs130 its only motomix. string trimmers can be so hateful but motomix cures that. my dealer just replaced its carb but he said its clean just a physical issue with a jet or something

i find that motomix is best for everything, but when i am using a lot of fuel in my saw or my br600 i go with clean gas and sliver oil and when i am close to quitting i empty and run motomix until it quits and stop for the day. nobody will ever tell me i have a dirty carb, ever, or dirty fuel be the cause of a repair. i wish my dealer would carry the gallon.

i asked about the bars, i just found one of the best videos on that subject for the 660. to help out newcomers heres the link. it might help the seasoned as well, its well thought out and demonstrated. the guy spent a fortune to assemble the demonstration.
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...n-stihl-cannon-total-tsumura-sugihara.276353/
My Stihl trimmers run great on pump gas and whatever synthetic oil I'm using, and always at 32:1.

so this is an update on farmertec contacts. apparently the email on paypal is an OLD managers email and they have done nothing to fix it and on ebay they have the messaging system so that is why wemidog has had great luck with them. so my chats have been fruitful in some manner.

their position is the shutter is not needed which is horse droppings depending on your climate. they sent me a drawing for the 066 and wanted to discuss it being missing and said i was confused and i of course explained the difference with the ms660. the foil is complete non sense and unnecessary per them. if the spikes are really important they will send those out. oops on the missing screws, ok there. oh so sorry for confusion.

apparently labor in this communist country is very similar to ours and i mean very. she blamed old managers, her fight for a US visa and other employees for our ordering troubles. just like a good ole disgruntled american would do

so take this to the bank, you will need to use the huztldealer email address to contact them about huztl.net or you will soon be whining. complete does not mean the same thing as it would on ebay but its real close. Spend another $20 and your good and plan on slightly modifying the sprocket cover for the studs and smoothing out your cylinder and you will own a well priced monster saw. and dont try to order with your phone unless you take extra steps. and if you wonder why your package is still pending or missing parts just image their workplace:barbecue:

your package is on the way!

Does anyone know if the cylinder is nikasil or Chrome coated? And are all the kits missing the same parts? I want to make sure I have everything in stock or ordered before it comes in. I also have a set of caber rings I might put in it. image.jpg

their position is the shutter is not needed which is horse droppings depending on your climate.
Many guys never use the shutter, even in cold temps. It would only be necessary if you're having icing problems with the carb/filter. I wouldn't sweat it's absence.

Don't over tighten the fuel cap. It's a two piece design where the hexagonal center and the outer ring are pressed together. If you over tighten it you will leak fuel from the join seam.

Does anyone know if the cylinder is nikasil or Chrome coated? And are all the kits missing the same parts? I want to make sure I have everything in stock or ordered before it comes in. I also have a set of caber rings I might put in it.

They definitely have and sell some cylinders that they label as Nikasil. They didn't make any statement as to whether the ones in the kit are Nikasil or hard chrome.

So far all of the kits are missing the heat shield foil, the winter/summer shutter. Mine was missing a couple of hex bolts and nylock nuts for the outside felling spikes. Other than that it was impressively complete. I didn't use anything that wasn't provided in the kit other than the bolts for the felling spikes, some mix oil to lube the roller bearings and cylinder and some grease for the chain adjuster. I'm even using their spark plug... I still need to buy a bar and some chains for it, but I'll be doing that soon.

its possible the kits get fixed, i sure made them and paypal were aware since they need a reason to care. as far as the shutter i just bought one, if i never use it fine but i will have it if its needed. that part of the process is important to me. the details. i like order. i like things complete. I want the heat shield too. i don't want the chinese plastic to fade or deform, if stihl thought theirs needed it, farmertec needs it more. i just bough a oil cap for my 029 because it separated, but it took 25 years. it would be great if you let us know if something is missing so we can look for trends.

And are all the kits missing the same parts?

Yes sir there are two holes. I opened a dispute over it. Kit should be complete or simply say, you will need to obtain a few parts locally. It's one or the other to me.

I owe them but this time they can pay me back or provide the missing parts. If I don't dispute this they will continue. Only reason I have not already ordered several more. If fine for others to forget it. I will after this, will just buy separately if needed.

Back