Huztl's new 25" and 28" bar is clone of ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so I have this right, it doesn't matter on my husqvarna 51 (which has a rim sprocket) if I used .058 instead of the 0.050 and I wouldn't even have to change the rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As long as you're using 3/8 pitch chain, you are good to go if the current sprocket is 3/8 pitch . The .058 chain gauge only has to match the bar's gauge.

Ok thanks. Sorry forgot to specify my 52 has .325 chain. So as long as I go .325 I could get different width drivers?

Thanks. Now to research the benefits of each

The only significant difference for homeowner/firewood use would be local availability I suspect. When one gets into longer chain milling bars in 3/8 then .063 usually is favored for improved oiling capacity.

If you have a spur sprocket does the width of the drivers matter as long as the bar and the chain match up? Would like to get a 24 inch bar for my cs-590 but there are no 3/8 .050 options

You should be able to use the Huztl 24" 84DL bar for Husqvarna if you make an adapter. The Echo uses a D176 mount just like the G621 clone I showed upthread - the slot in the bar is a bit wide (I think the bar is a D009 mount), but the oiler holes work. I made an adapter out of some stainless flat stock from an old wiper blade, but there are other ways to do it. You can use it without the adapter but the bar can rock a considerable amount.

IMG_0527_1.JPG

IMG_0528_1.JPG

I would caution you though that after the paint wears out of the bar groove in about 30sec the 0.058" chain will probably flop around like a fish out of water, and you'll want some 0.063" chain. Still, a loop of that is only another $9. Even the CS590 will be a bit nose heavy with this combination, but quite usable.

You should be able to use the Huztl 24" 84DL bar for Husqvarna if you make an adapter. The Echo uses a D176 mount just like the G621 clone I showed upthread - the slot in the bar is a bit wide (I think the bar is a D009 mount), but the oiler holes work. I made an adapter out of some stainless flat stock from an old wiper blade, but there are other ways to do it. You can use it without the adapter but the bar can rock a considerable amount.

View attachment 578828

View attachment 578829

I would caution you though that after the paint wears out of the bar groove in about 30sec the 0.058" chain will probably flop around like a fish out of water, and you'll want some 0.063" chain. Still, a loop of that is only another $9. Even the CS590 will be a bit nose heavy with this combination, but quite usable.

Thanks. It will wear a 20" 99% of the time but I like the idea of a husky bar mount because whenever I get a big saw it will be 272/372 so the bar will be used on that. This will just be until I can afford a bigger saw on big logs until then.

ZHEJIANG YONGKANG DANCY CO.,LTD makes huztl bar and chains. The huztl part number on the 24 inch bar is the same number as on mine(AV24-84-6311T). The 25 and 28 are listed on the manufacturer website.
http://www.chainsawandparts.com/content/14-what-chainsaw-guide-bars-we-can-supply
I noticed on Huztl and now on Dancy's site that the 24" and 25" are both 84DL ...seems odd but it's common to see over stated bar length on Chinese bars. I also noticed that Dancy does not list a 28" 92DL bar...wonder who makes Huztl's? Another observation is that the Sugi style tip is only available on the 24"+ bars....Dancy calls these "Pro Top" bars which is a GB's bar name iirc.

I noticed on Huztl and now on Dancy's site that the 24" and 25" are both 84DL ...seems odd but it's common to see over stated bar length on Chinese bars. I also noticed that Dancy does not list a 28" 92DL bar...wonder who makes Huztl's? Another observation is that the Sugi style tip is only available on the 24"+ bars....Dancy calls these "Pro Top" bars which is a GB's bar name iirc.

GB has a different style tip on their pro top bars.

I bought two 28" Holzfforma b&c to try out on my 56mm Huztl 660. They seem okay quality. I wish they were .050 gauge like everything else I have. I also bought one their 36" mills just for kicks.

Attachments

• 20170516_192334.jpg
    20170516_192334.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back