Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show me/us please. I aint never been that far into a carb. How the heck do you do that?

Look up Poleman's threads on modifying a Zama for a 7900 I think.

Basically you buy a set of micro drill bits that fit on the end of a pencil-type holder, and you ream out the hole in the carb body throat. This allows more fuel to enter the airstream. That means that you don't need to turn the screw out as much to flow the proper amount of fuel to match the amount of air being sucked through the carb. But this is only really necessary on engines that have been modified to flow better (muff mod, larger exhaust, larger intake, longer intake durations, etc).

A lot of these walbro have a removable jet. Carb screwdriver will unscrew it.
I took a tilly from a 2100 apart after you wrote this Mike. This one didnt have the removable jet like you said but i believe I know what you mean in the Walbro. Thanks

Look up Poleman's threads on modifying a Zama for a 7900 I think.

Basically you buy a set of micro drill bits that fit on the end of a pencil-type holder, and you ream out the hole in the carb body throat. This allows more fuel to enter the airstream. That means that you don't need to turn the screw out as much to flow the proper amount of fuel to match the amount of air being sucked through the carb. But this is only really necessary on engines that have been modified to flow better (muff mod, larger exhaust, larger intake, longer intake durations, etc).

I think this pertains to the low side, under the welch plug

Okay thanks. I just downloaded the walbro manual for their diaphragm carbs and see that. The pressure differential made at that point draws fuel from the main nozzle?
Correct. Every carb on every internal combustion engine has some sort of a venturi to accelerate the air and grab fuel on the way by

The venturi is the bottle neck. The larger jet coming up into it is for fuel metered by your h jet
Ok sounds good. So when the motor reciprocates and draws air through the carb throat and hits the venturi causes a pressure drop and pulls fuel in through the main nozzle? What happens if the check valve is bad ? Reverse flow? Is there a way to check the check valve in the main nozzle?

Ok sounds good. So when the motor reciprocates and draws air through the carb throat and hits the venturi causes a pressure drop and pulls fuel in through the main nozzle? What happens if the check valve is bad ? Reverse flow? Is there a way to check the check valve in the main nozzle?
1. Yes
2. Idk
3. Idk
4. Yes, but idk how lol

Wonder if polishing before and after a venturi will increase flow?

The intake/venturi you don't want to polish. All the dirt bike motors I've seen built, the intake side was rougher so the air/fuel mixture could mix/atomize better... After the intake is where polishing helped to exhaust the gases faster.

Latest posts

Back