Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just make up a word? Or sneeze...god bless you.
b3b89b5f49a950acae041447c0a8b041.jpg

Ok I went back and took the rings off the piston and used some grease on the piston to hold all four peices of solder.
183294c72b184a56cdd2b80f4cfe6b70.jpg
This way I got a consistent .013. Hmm now what to do? Gasket measures around .018. A beer can measures around .004.
With solder, you're probably even tighter than that.

They sell brass shim stock on eBay. Different thicknesses. Works great for gaskets. .007 would likely put you at .018 to .020.

If you pm me measurements of the base gasket's outer perimeter, I'll check what I've got in my pack and would be glad to mail you out a piece.

Very interesting build. This is a lot of work for 5cc's more displacement. Can't wait to see if it's really worth it.

EDIT-I have an 046 and an 044 jug here. I can measure and send you a piece. You'll have to do the hole punching and inner circle removal.

Ok, now all you guys building hybrids suck:buttkick:lol
I just went and ordered a meteor ms460 piston and caber rings to go with my ms460 jug and a full set of farmertec plastics for my 044. Should have the parts in a couple weeks. I ordered the farmertec plastics because I don't want to have to cut up my original plastic that are in great shape plus I want to paint the plastics flat black. I really like the look of the plastics when painted flat black. I'm gonna make a custom top cover badge too. Probably gonna have it say "HYBRID" with "044/MS460" underneath.
Anyway, thanks again you hybrid building jerks:cheers:
I'm joking, you guys are awesome and I'm really enjoying this thread. You've all given me the courage to tackle a hybrid build.

I have a 460 cylinder with bridge ports and what was on my hybrid and im porting another 460 cylinder to try both on a regular 460 crankcase. The 460 cylinder im workin on right now is blowing 266psi!!:surprised3:
Wow that's a lot of compression. I know there are a lot of guys running upwards of 250psi in some of there saws and they all say that there saws are holding up very well but personally I'd be a little worried about my crank with that sort of compression. WOT and have a sudden shock load on the crank and bang now your looking for another crank or saw. Maybe I'm paranoid IDK

Latest posts

Back