Hydraulic splitter build input...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 5 or 5 1/2 in cylinder 13hp tired GX390 22GPM, the cycle time I have not timed but its not an issue at all.
By the time your ready its ready, and it will split anything I have tossed at it.
BBB
split.jpg

I work by myself usually. My splitter has a cycle of about 11-12 secs and I find it quite slow. My processor, 5 sec, and it's just about right.

I guess I just move quicker than others. Could be why it seems several folks I've hired seem to just about stop time with how slow they move!
What brand splitter and processor? Can you post a walk around video of your processor and in operation? What size/make/model engine, pump and cylinder? I want to improve the cycle times of my splitter and it sounds like your processor has a winning combination. What size hydraulic lines are on the machine?

I tried to make a video 2 years ago, haven't been able to figure out how.

35hp Kubota, 30gpm pump, cylinder is 4" I think with a large rod. Uss 3/4" and 1" lines.

I cant see myself keeping a splitter with a 5 sec cycle time loaded. Call me lazy, but I dont like working that hard. Something to think about, a cyl with a 24in stroke is going to travel 4ft for a complete cycle. with a 5sec cycle time, thats about 9.5 inches per sec. A person better make darn sure where their hands are when the cycle starts or a 1 finger salute might be all they are able to do, since the other 4 fingers could be laying in the wood pile somewhere.

Back