I’m out.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
37 degrees this morning, and no fire. Used up the last of my firewood yesterday.
Of course, I still have gobs of seasoned wood ready to go, but it’s a block away at my shop.
A quick look at the forecast says I had better replenish my racks.
I got the kids for the day, so I’ll add that to the list.
BTW, Menards has a fantastic 2-wheel, 8-cu.ft. wheelbarrow. I have one at my mill for sawdust, but I bought another yesterday for my home/shop/FIL area. (My shop is one of the garages my Father In Law has on his property. We share a lot of tools, and a z-turn mower).

Speaking of my mill, it’s nearly 6AM and I have logs that need milling. Couple hours of that then it’s back home to do odd jobs with the kiddos.

I am getting close to needing another trailer load of hedge in front of the Garn barn. Temps have been crazy here also. It was twenty one degrees the other morning. It forty two this morning. Still burning a full load a day in the Garn but I do heat my domestic with it also.

I just tossed the last little bit I have in the basement today. I am only lighting a fire on nights when it is going to get down in the 20's from here on out. Otherwise we are going to be running a couple electric space heaters to take the chill off.

I still have some seasoned and a big pile for next year.
Brought some up to the front door, but so far we are hitting 50-60 during the day for a bit.

Seems like this winter--spring change is taking a loooong time.

I still have some seasoned and a big pile for next year.
Brought some up to the front door, but so far we are hitting 50-60 during the day for a bit.

Seems like this winter--spring change is taking a loooong time.
I'm under 3/4 cord of oak and maybe 1/4 cord of maple left for the season. All looks well to finish out with wood left to start next season.

It's been a mild winter although we are having a slightly chilly week or two, I expect to finish up in about a month and fires are becoming evenings only. I'll have enough left for two more winters if they are also mild, but after the delivery I expect tomorrow I'll be well on top of replenishing this year's consumption already.

I'm under 3/4 cord of oak and maybe 1/4 cord of maple left for the season. All looks well to finish out with wood left to start next season.
I should add: Next year's wood is all in stacks and has been since last year. I'll move it to the woodshed late summer after it seasons some more. Should have a decent start on 23-24 as well.

This is prime junk wood cleanup time for the owb. Big ugly pieces, cedar fence posts and slightly punky wood all go in. Far better than $2 per liter furnace oil here in Canada.

Low of 27 F here in Ohio tonight with some remnants of snowfall still on the ground. This winter won’t quit! Brought a dry armload in from the shop and told myself this is definitely the last fire this year. Sunday is supposed to get up to 81F so I hope it’s true. I slacked on the woodcutting this winter so my stack is only a year ahead(hopefully!). Cheers gents. See u in the WTF thread this summer! Lol

37 degrees this morning, and no fire. Used up the last of my firewood yesterday.
Of course, I still have gobs of seasoned wood ready to go, but it’s a block away at my shop.
A quick look at the forecast says I had better replenish my racks.
I got the kids for the day, so I’ll add that to the list.
BTW, Menards has a fantastic 2-wheel, 8-cu.ft. wheelbarrow. I have one at my mill for sawdust, but I bought another yesterday for my home/shop/FIL area. (My shop is one of the garages my Father In Law has on his property. We share a lot of tools, and a z-turn mower).

Speaking of my mill, it’s nearly 6AM and I have logs that need milling. Couple hours of that then it’s back home to do odd jobs with the kiddos.
I wanted to get one of those for the wife to use. Easier for her than the one wheeled I have. I ordered it and then 2 days an email saying they didn't have any and had refunded my money.

Latest posts

Back