I bare the truth ! My sword vs Your Dagger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of these dealers have good service?

NORM'S SMALL ENGINES
900 U.S. HWY. 14 WEST
RICHLAND CENTER, WI. 53581
(608) 647-2630
Approximately 12.22 Miles Away | View Map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEORGE'S SMALL ENGINES
5923 STATE ROAD 80
HIGHLAND, WI. 53543
(608) 929-7412
Approximately 9.70 Miles Away | View Map

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GASSER HARDWARE, INC.
1704 ELM STREET
BOSCOBEL, WI. 53805
(608) 375-5428
Approximately 12.95 Miles Away | View Map

RITCHIE IMPLEMENT
P.O. BOX 217
COBB, WI. 53526
(608) 623-2331
Approximately 14.60 Miles Away | View Map

BRIEL'S LAWN & LEISURE
4462 HWY 18 EAST
FENNIMORE, WI. 53809
(608) 822-3414
Approximately 15.01 Miles Away | View Map

MUELLER IMPLEMENT, INC.
4948 CTH HWY YZ
DODGEVILLE, WI. 53533
(608) 935-2751
Approximately 23.48 Miles Away | View Map

Liberty Ag & Lawn
358 West Elm Street
Lancaster, WI. 53813
(608) 723-6802
Approximately 24.14 Miles Away | View Map

SCOTT IMPLEMENT CO.
166 MINE ROAD
PLATTEVILLE, WI. 53818
(608) 348-6565
Approximately 25.16 Miles Away | View Map

HILLSBORO EQUIPMENT INC
E18898 HWY. 33
HILLSBORO, WI. 54634
(608) 489-2275
Approximately 30.41 Miles Away | View Map

BLUM'S MARINE & SAW SERVICE
4887 LYNN HOLLOW LANE
POTOSI, WI. 53820
(608) 763-2524
Approximately 31.38 Miles Away

Ok whichones of these do you want pics of? Blum's does some saw work mostly boats and such. Hillsboro, Scott's Breil's and Ritchie are farm equipment dealers with not mush for saw repair. Ops lets say saw rape. $60 buck to blow the chips of a saw and install a new plug. This was ritchies service plan this spring.
Now Norm's I never been there. But, he sells a pile of stuff on ebay.
Yeap now to Gasser's. They are a hardware store. The last I knew they sold Husqvarnas. I do not know when they went to stihl. But, they do not have much for a service area either.
Out of that list they only one that might be close to a true dealer will be Liberty. And since I chat with the owner every now and then. He really does not move much for stihls either. Just mostly you in town lawn mower adn trimer guy. He does have a hell of a pile of saws though.
Any more? I can explain about a few more if you wish.
Bob

Opps forgot George's. Never been there. Then again never heard much about him either. From the grapevine its a good shop but just not much repairs are done. Just try to get you to leave you dead saw and buy a new one.
Bob

Ok whichones of these do you want pics of? Blum's does some saw work mostly boats and such. Hillsboro, Scott's Breil's and Ritchie are farm equipment dealers with not mush for saw repair. Ops lets say saw rape. $60 buck to blow the chips of a saw and install a new plug. This was ritchies service plan this spring.
Yeap now to Gasser's. They are a hardware store. The last I knew they sold Husqvarnas. I do not know when they went to stihl. But, they do not have much for a service area either.
Out of that list they only one that might be close to a true dealer will be Liberty. And since I chat with the owner every now and then. He really does not move much for stihls either. Just mostly you in town lawn mower adn trimer guy. He does have a hell of a pile of saws though.
Bob

I could have not said it better!!!!! Norm's sells hunting stuff and fishing poles and sure he sells Stihl Chainsaws.This is the guy who told my friend to throw his 046 away because it was junk.After wanting 75 dollars for looking at the saw! Turns out only needed the impulse hose reconnected to the carb.
George on the other hand is the only "servicing Stihl dealer"around! And a good one!

Bob

and 1 guy who is over priced and under qualified and sells Stihl

You made my point. I can't stand lies or liars.

You made my point. I can't stand lies or liars.

All right step back. Take a breath.

You live in Washington and This is about Wisconsin.

In other words if you want cheese with your wine be nice.
Wisconsin has good cheese.

Michigan calls it the Udder State.

Last edited:

Even cows know what brand is the best:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Michigan calls it the Udder State.

Hahaha, step back?

Seth wrote he had one Stihl dealer.
So I posted a list of Stihl dealers in his area and asked about service. I didn't care about his answer to service. I just wanted an answer on dealers. I wanted him to verify the dealers in his area.
He verified 8 or 9 of the 10 dealers. So did Madsaw.

So if the one Stihl in Seth's area isn't true as he claimed, what is true?

I don't care what reasons a person has for running brand X. Maybe they feel better. Maybe they're cheaper. Maybe they like the colors better. I don't care. But I do care when someone makes up a story as to why they don't run brand X. Lies do nobody any service.

I have openly and repeatedly written on this forum that I run Stihl because I have a good Stihl dealer close. Look up zip code 98001. There are 10 of them within 12 miles of the center of zip code 98001. Last night Manual, you told me how to find the Jonsered dealer. Great but it's out of my way and a dealer 10 miles away isn't anything to write home about if the dealer 4 miles away does a great job. I still don't know where there's a Dolmar dealer. And I know of one Husky dealer. If other saws had as good or better support than Stihl, I would run them. No sense in limiting yourself but then the Husky, Jonsered and Dolmar distributors limit me, don't they? The Stihl distributor does not. I don't like being limited.

It's sad to see when people have to make up stories about why their saw is better or why brand X is worse. It shows an insecurity.

BTW, Washington, Oregon Idaho and California have great cheese, wine and beer too. :laugh:

Last edited:
BTW, Washington, Oregon Idaho and California have great cheese, wine and beer too. :laugh:

But, Mr. Dozer, they learned how to make cheese from US!!!!!!. We are still considered a leader of the cheese feild. We sliped to California in milk production. Now we will not even go to the beer area. I am not proud to live in such a state. We are consider per person the highest beer consumption state. My little town if you sober your strange.
My reason for running the saws I do is the fact I service my own saws. Since when I need parts I expect to go to a dealer that can atleast read a diagram and order my parts. But, when I have to look them up for them or drive 45 mins to a dealer that can read a book then i change brands. I can call my order to my dolmar/husky dealer and have them sent to my door step.
Later
Bob

I could have not said it better!!!!! Norm's sells hunting stuff and fishing poles and sure he sells Stihl Chainsaws.

Exactly; what is the point of signing up guys like this? Or the boat dealer that someone else mentioned?

8,000 "independant dealers". 'Course, some of 'em ain't all that much in the saw biz.

"Hi; could I have a large pie with garlic and peperoni, and 2 chains for my MS260."

Exactly; what is the point of signing up guys like this? Or the boat dealer that someone else mentioned?

8,000 "independant dealers". 'Course, some of 'em ain't all that much in the saw biz.

"Hi; could I have a large pie with garlic and peperoni, and 2 chains for my MS260."

Kinda like my local Dolmar dealer that builds race car's and only sells about 15 Dolmar units a year...

And not to mention my closest Jred dealer that is a farm coop and rental shop..Did I mention that there rental saws are Stihl.......

And my closest Stihl dealer that sells used cars and is a Yamaha dealer..

Oops for got the Husky dealer that has to order everything in...There big on lawn mowers and sell very few saws...

Looks like you can sell all brands out of your back room...:laugh: :laugh:

"Can I get me some shell corn and a bag of oats and 2 chains for my 2149"

It sure is nice to have a few good dealers around for all brands ..

Last edited:
Yeah, they all do it, don't they?

A rep gets in a slump and wants to be able to tell his boss: "Hey, I signed up a new dealer today! Now we got that market presence in the eastern part of the county that we talked about in the last sales meeting. What other lines does he have? Well, he kind of doesn't really have any, unless you count Remington or Ruger. Yeah, it's a gun store, but he says that a lot of his customers cut wood. Well he told me that his brother-in-law is gonna do the service work on weekends and after he bowls on Tuesdays. What do you mean I have to turn in my demos and my laptop?"

A rep gets in a slump and wants to be able to tell his boss: "Hey, I signed up a new dealer today! Now we got that market presence in the eastern part of the county that we talked about in the last sales meeting. What other lines does he have? Well, he kind of doesn't really have any, unless you count Remington or Ruger. Yeah, it's a gun store, but he says that a lot of his customers cut wood. Well he told me that his brother-in-law is gonna do the service work on weekends and after he bowls on Tuesdays. What do you mean I have to turn in my demos and my laptop?"

LOL, dat was a good one right there!!!

Good one Spike. Fact is if they, no matter who, will pay their bill any company, be Stihl, Husky or anyone else will sign them up. I mean hell where I work you can buy some 2x4's and plywood, drywall mud, or over 40,000 other items and still pick up a Stihl while your there. At Sears you can buy some new drawers, some toothpaste and jock strap and grab a new Husky on the way out. Its business man, all in a days work.

Where I work you can't buy anything not made by stihl.. except logger tapes and bio bar oil! Maybe a few wedges and carb kits too ;)

aint no jred deales here

Stihl is only thing close too me.:cry: wish i could have a dolmar or jred:cheers:

Latest posts

Back