i broke down and bought one FINALLY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my sons expensive USC to clean a carb and found that worked wonders. I wonder though if there might be a problem with any internal carb parts that are not metal. I recently rebuilt a Stihl 015 Walbro HDC carb and there seemed to be a rubber type plug under the checkvalve(I believe that's what it is). Wouldn't the USC dissolve it?

the ultrasonic won't hurt anything itself. depends on what chemicals you're using.

the echo tech i know uses aluminum cleaner in his,, the research i did most every one uses simple green

I've been thinking about getting one of those myself. I've read that lemon juice is a good carb cleaner, I wonder how it would work in a usc?

I've been thinking about getting one of those myself. I've read that lemon juice is a good carb cleaner, I wonder how it would work in a usc?

add ice and have lemon aide :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Looks like a great way to clean chains too? With simple green?

Great post 08f150 :cool2: :msp_thumbup:

Adam

Here is one of the bigger threads on USC's, with some good info and tips on using them. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/121324.htm

If you are patient, the HF ones go on sale periodically, and then if you swoop in with your 20% off coupon they come down quite a bit.

The tank is stainless, but there are different grades of stainless. So I leave water in there for a while, but dump it so that I don't kick it over and get things wet more than anything else.

The short timer is a pain, but it is a cheap unit, and extensive run times might be hard on it. Plus, I am sometimes forgetful, so it makes me pay attention.

I accidentally 'pickled' some parts in mine - zapped some NOS pre-sets with vinegar in a jar to remove some surface rust. Turned them black. I'll tell people that is it a 'special oxide' finish.

Philbert

i am rebuilding a carb on a shindaiwa 488 that would not rev up at all,, all it would do is idle,, high side is sealed with a brass cap and the low side is adjustable so thats why i needed this cleaner so bad,,it looks to have gotten all the varnish and dirt off but it didn't take the stains off,, i run it through for 2 cycles,, i can say it sure got the water hot
here is the before pic
View attachment 282525
and the after pic
View attachment 282526
this is what was at the bottom of the tank
View attachment 282527

We have a one unit of those exact units at the shop that has held up for two or three years, I've got one at the house, at the shop we use Mean Green sold at dollar general or the dollar store for five bucks a gallon mix it about 60% mean green and 40% water, use it unitl you can't see anything dump and go again, I use Awesome sold at wally world mixed at the same rate at home. Don't forget and leave your heater turned on you can bring it too a boil. Don't ask how we know.lol We usually run them two cycles so they get good and hot. Excellent for the money.

well i guess it cleaned the carb pretty dang good,, i got the saw back together this morn and it run like a champ

Never met you Scott, but you seem really into things that shake: Earthquakes, Ultra-Sonic vibrations, . . .

You in any of those videos? Just curious.

Philbert

i would make a vid of my good vibrations but you would get jealous:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I've used 'em for handguns and until ETHANOL I never considered them for carbs....looks like I will have to get one and try it on my 192T paperweight carb......thanks for the post 08.

After reading your post, I finally got the one I bought off e-bay out and put a carb from a husky 480cd in it with a touch of Dawn dish soap. This carb had sucked sawdust in past the filter and was pretty dirty. After several water changes, carb came out nice and clean. Was skeptical at first, doesn't seem like it does a lot, just sitting there humming, but cleaned up nice. Neat little machines.

Latest posts

Back