I Could Use That Bigger Bar After All

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Burvol, I coulda used it today...:)

attachment.php

What a candle this tree would make! :greenchainsaw:

bigger bar ya

di you get it cut or gest left it? i dont think a carving bar for the bore cut is needed on that:dizzy:

Not to mention having to get the chunks out of the road! I believe our guys are going to have a Class C bucking class on it. Also, some old loggers were in, one of who has a lot of experience with that size of wood, and were going to cut it for firewood if they got to it in time. There's snow on one side and a closed gate on the other so the general public hasn't had legal access yet.

One was even talking about walking his nearby shovel up to it.

The two loggers will be limping about for a few days afterwards if they get it. Both are pretty banged up. I've seen them after they got another, large tree. Talk about gimping around...:)

Not to mention having to get the chunks out of the road! I believe our guys are going to have a Class C bucking class on it. Also, some old loggers were in, one of who has a lot of experience with that size of wood, and were going to cut it for firewood if they got to it in time. There's snow on one side and a closed gate on the other so the general public hasn't had legal access yet.

One was even talking about walking his nearby shovel up to it.

The two loggers will be limping about for a few days afterwards if they get it. Both are pretty banged up. I've seen them after they got another, large tree. Talk about gimping around...:)

Hey! Gimping is good. At least they're still moving. It's like when you get up in the morning and have to decide which hurts worse, your knees, your shoulders, your back, your elbows, or your shins. That's the Gimp Of The Day and it changes around a lot according to terrain and weather...and how healthy your partner is. :) Speaking of which...I think I'll gimp on out to the woods.

Hey! Gimping is good. At least they're still moving. It's like when you get up in the morning and have to decide which hurts worse, your knees, your shoulders, your back, your elbows, or your shins. That's the Gimp Of The Day and it changes around a lot according to terrain and weather...and how healthy your partner is. :) Speaking of which...I think I'll gimp on out to the woods.

LOL
I resemble that statement, good one Bob.

Class B, C ?
You have to be certified, rated or tested?
'splain that to me, I'm ignorant of such things.
Sounds like gubmint stuff.

Class B, C ?
You have to be certified, rated or tested?
'splain that to me, I'm ignorant of such things.
Sounds like gubmint stuff.

Yes it is. That's who I work for. The People. So, I am certified to buck up stuff up to 24" on the job. And frankly, I would not buck up that tree anyway because I don't feel comfy doing it. I'd do it if there was somebody along who I knew could tell me how and bail me out if I ran into a problem.

My experience with a shattered not that big one, but about 30 inches is that they shift, creak, and get your bar pinched and stuck. I ran out of wedges one time trying to get one out of the road. Luckily, there was a detour.

I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to that stuff. :cheers:

I was not questioning your ability or judgment, just asking about the rating thing. Standing there with only the one saw and no one around to help I'd think twice about it too.

Latest posts

Back