I cut firewood because I ........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like running a chain saw and swinging an axe. It's also great fun to spend time in the woods hunting for good firewood trees. I really enjoy a nice fire in the woodstove--it's the best type of heat. And I'm a cheap bastard! Why pay someone else for fuel if you don't have to?

I'll be cutting firewood until I drop. It's a way of life.

Doug

I like running a chain saw and swinging an axe. It's also great fun to spend time in the woods hunting for good firewood trees. I really enjoy a nice fire in the woodstove--it's the best type of heat. And I'm a cheap bastard! Why pay someone else for fuel if you don't have to?

I'll be cutting firewood until I drop. It's a way of life.

Doug

That sums it up for me too. Firewooding and the chainsaw hobby are what I like to call "mutually supporting" activities. And what other hobby has the "payback" of wood heat? Enjoy the excersize too.

Golf balls are great targets to shoot AT with rifle or shot gun. Usually buy a thousand from a course pond diver every year and invite (6) friend for a fun day of shooting and a picnic.

I cut wood because I have it and I like to have a nice warm toasty wife who no longer bitches about what I am doing on the computer, in front of the reloading bench, reading and doing other things around the house.

She did ask why I was at the reloading bench when we first got married instead of doing some thing else so I'd tell her I was going to the bar and she could call me there if she needed some thing.

:D Al

Back