I did nothin'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, most of youse guys are woosies. Yes, woosies. I have been skiing many times with the snot freezing, getting back to the car and having to warm IT up while I am having to scrape the windows, with sweat cooling and starting to freeze. That would be in the -0 temps. Ever spilled water down your coat in single digit temps and have to ski a few more miles to get back? Uphill, of course. Both ways.

Of course, now I live in a milder climate, usually. But don't move here. I pulled a tick out of The Used Dog yesterday, there is enough snow in the mountains (not hills) that the threat of flooding is in the back of our minds, we could have an earthquake, I need to scrub the moss off the vehicles and shop building, and we fight the mildew problem constantly.

OK........so I am. But I just don't have the blubber some folks have to keep me warm. And if I managed to put on enough cloths to keep warm I would like like the Michelin tire man. Then I can't move. If I happen to trip and hit the ground I would need help getting back to my feet.

Down here the cold comes from the west and always with the wind. 24 degree is just crazy with a 20 MPH wind. For me anyway. Anyway I worked with the chickens, checked on the last part of a new pen I'm building, and kept the fire in my fireplace going. Oh, and I got out the dobro and practiced by the fire a couple of hours.

Just to cold for this ole Southern boy.

Went to a snowmobile auction yesterday, bought a sledge hammer, roll of electrical wire, 3 wood chisels and a hot dog. Had no intention of buying a sled, already have 2 running ones sitting here and 5 clunkers ( I haven't driven a sled in 6 or more years) Got home around 5 and sat on my azz on the puter and glancing at tv, Walking dead marathon.
Today is nasty out again but I have to go do some plumbing at my neices so I'll have to get out there soon. Watching Whitney on Juiced, man what a waste, she sure was a looker in her day. A year younger than me and gone already, glad I quit the drugs when I did, my memory is shot but at least I can still run a Stihl.

It's not a Stihl your running its a Craftsman we didn't have the heart to tell you with the drug use and all.

Yesterday, I pulled out the mower and cut my lawn for the first time this year. All our snow, all 8", disappeared last week and after picking up all the downed branches, I decided to mulch the small stuff and figured the mower was up to the job. Made the yard look downright tidy! It's a little grey here this time of year but, after living in WI, IN, IA, and NE, I can't say I really miss those freezing, windy days. Good ski conditions are an hour away and wood is really plentiful out here! Stay warm!

Absolutely nothin' today. It was cold and windy outside and I holed up in the house all day... nothin'!
Walked out to the mail box 'round 1:00, friggin' cold... back to the house.
Logged into AS at last 20 times today... ashes, flippy caps, nothin' to get me excited.
Started happy hour 'bout 3:00... it ain't over yet.

Where the hell is Woodcutter TV when ya' need some entertainment?
C'mon, one a y'all need to get something going...

DO I NEED TO START A FIGHT?

Yeah ,but what did the Cops say you did?

Winter rolled in yesterday to the South with strong winds all day while the temp dropped as well. I started out to cut up some oak and other hardwood that loggers piled up behind my house with their feller buncher. They decided there wasn't enough to load so they put it in nice piles of 10-20 trees. Trouble is that it's a little difficult to cut and pull out of those piles without help from a grapple on a front end loader. I tried to start the tractor and warm it up and it turned over but no starting. Some dumbass (that would be me) left the fuel shutoff knob pulled up:msp_rolleyes: It fired up instantly when it got some fuel to the cylinders. I cut up the oak into 7 ft. rounds for a customer who won't pay for the split and seasoned stuff, and I got to use a brand new chainsaw that I bought a month ago but never used or even started up until yesterday. I ordered a Dolmar 5100 solely for my part time help to use as a way of "testing" it. I figured if he could keep it running with no financial stake in it, then it might be a good one. He ran it two days and never showed back up for work:msp_angry: So I decided it would now be my saw. It ran great and gave no problems although the balance on it feels a little funny, not bad, just different, and I'm still getting used to the combination choke, run and shut off switch. I gotta say I like the old dedicated choke control better and have always liked the toggle off/on switch which is pretty much gone these days.

The wind (and cold) reminded me of the Great Plains and my many hunting trips in South Dakota. I worked until about 2, ate lunch and took a long nap, fed my animals, hauled some firewood to the house and called it quits.

Think I'll go out for a few hours and cut some more.

UFC Ring-Girl Arianny Celeste

Arianny-Celeste-5.jpg

Arianny-Celeste1.jpg

arianny_celeste_bikini_miami_beach_may_5_2011_7-450x675.jpg

Arianny_Celeste_22.jpg

go to google images, and take the family filter Off if youd like to see some of her 'adult' photo shoots.

Yeah I'm serious. But she ain't the type to get overly excited 'bout such things... we're old enough that we're past all that.
Her main question was, "What the hell does that have to do with chain saws and firewood?"
She kind'a got that "smirk" when I started stammering... ya' know, the smirk that means she knows she can call in a honey-do in the near future and if'n I balk... well, the "smirk".

Yeah I'm serious. But she ain't the type to get overly excited 'bout such things... we're old enough that we're past all that.
Her main question was, "What the hell does that have to do with chain saws and firewood?"
She kind'a got that "smirk" when I started stammering... ya' know, the smirk that means she knows she can call in a honey-do in the near future and if'n I balk... well, the "smirk".

Best erase your history on the Comp.

I soda blasted parts to my hopefully soon to be slapped together firewood duty saw... 6 cuber if that means anything to ya...

Ran out of blasted baking soda. Gonna get some more tomorrow...

Also worked some more on the Curtis compressor from 1916 or so... tomorrow the head and related parts are going out to an AS member in another state for valve work.

At the same time, I gotta remember that box that I gotta get a shipping quote regarding shipping it to an AS member in British Columbia...

Holy tits over yonder!!

Last edited:
I soda blasted parts to my hopefully soon to be slapped together firewood duty saw... 6 cuber if that means anything to ya...

Ran out of blasted baking soda. Gonna get some more tomorrow...

Also worked some more on the Curtis compressor from 1916 or so... tomorrow the head and related parts are going out to an AS member in another state for valve work.

At the same time, I gotta remember that box that I gotta get a shipping quote regarding shipping it to an AS member in British Columbia...

Holy tits over yonder!!

I know I'm to old now. I can't make sense at all out of this at all. :smile2:

Thanks a lot... my wife caught me lookin'.

Guess she doesn't subscribe to the theory " Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu!" ?? Maybe for fun just say the photos were from Stihl calender shots.....and Stihl was just trying to promote their product line!

Back