I didn't get one round from this tree, but it was nice helping an old dude

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, headed for Geezerdom. My cousin who is 2 years younger than me (57), has GEEZER on the vanity plate on his Corvette. I've always been into Mopars, so I have a big block, 4spd, Cuda convertible. I hope that some day some young guy offers to give me a hand. I just hope his feelings don't get hurt when I pull the old Homelite Super 1050 out of the back of the pickup. I might even let him hold it, have never let anyone else actually use it, since Dad passed. On second thought, I might let him run it a bit. Then he'll know why I'm going "HUH" after every thing he says.

Thanks for helping out the old guys. I like to show up the young bucks with my big saws and wood splitting skills. Been doing it all my life. Only thing is, after they leave, I hurt for a week!!! Something about the smell of 2 stroke and saw dust, fresh split wood stacked in the woodshed. Don't know what I'll do when it gets too hard, Joe.

Yep, headed for Geezerdom. My cousin who is 2 years younger than me (57), has GEEZER on the vanity plate on his Corvette. I've always been into Mopars, so I have a big block, 4spd, Cuda convertible. I hope that some day some young guy offers to give me a hand. I just hope his feelings don't get hurt when I pull the old Homelite Super 1050 out of the back of the pickup. I might even let him hold it, have never let anyone else actually use it, since Dad passed. On second thought, I might let him run it a bit. Then he'll know why I'm going "HUH" after every thing he says.

Thanks for helping out the old guys. I like to show up the young bucks with my big saws and wood splitting skills. Been doing it all my life. Only thing is, after they leave, I hurt for a week!!! Something about the smell of 2 stroke and saw dust, fresh split wood stacked in the woodshed. Don't know what I'll do when it gets too hard, Joe.

Is that smell of 2 stroke and saw dust anything like napalm in the the morning? :)

some of my neighbors think I am crazy, all the rest know I am. I have somewhere around 60 cords black locust in my stash and am mixing it 50% with willow. Stilloiut there cutting but can't use more than 6-7 cord a year plus customers bought 7 cord willow last year at $120/cord. Hmmm...just added that up I moved 10 cord in/out of the lot last year almost all split by hand.

The crazy part? I am out there with 2 "customers" I am clearing wood lots for at no cost to them and on one I'm not even taking the wood - don't need it and don't have customers for it. Just finished up a looonng straight red fir (king of firewood out here) 30" at butt, about 12" at last cut. Left it all there in 16" rounds for whoever.. I think Iwill talk with Tim to see if he would care if I donated to some needy person.

I do it to keep doing it so I can continue to do it. Had I quit whken my wife wanted me to I would either be dead or in a rest home.

Back