I got bit by something, not sure what

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be a (weak) week for me since I started having some rather annoying and painful symptoms.

I have gone back and researched tick bites, spider bites, and today those "kissing bugs". I am gradually getting better. Symptoms last friday, woke up with a little itch on back of my shoulder. Half asleep still, little scratch, nothing there but an obvious itchy bump. Did some chores, then in the afternoon wwent to finish mowing a field. Couldn't *wait* until I was done, the engine sounded like a jackhammer next to my ears and every slight bump riding around felt like a baseball bat to the head. Started getting dizzy, losing my balance, then that night hot sweats and cold chills. Completely forgot about the little itchy bump. Next day back and forth and I am WTF, mostly hungout. Kept falling asleep and waking up sweating. Sunday I noticed the itchy thing again, this time it was pusy.

So I look up tick bites again, symptoms won't show up that fast. I am left with either a spiderbite or one of those kissing bugs perhaps, online symptoms could be either depending on spider or bug. Am not getting deep necrosis, just some minor, appears to have stabilized. Good enough to drive today, tomorrow I will run the tractor some more, see how it goes.

One time ten years ago I thought I made have gotten west nile, that was a trip for a week. This is similar but not as intense. That wound on my shoulder is the only coincidental thing timing wise, and it took me a couple days to even remember it, because it started itching again. I get beaucoup plenty scratches pokes, etc boppin around the woods and fields here.

So, any spider or kissing bug bites anecdotals, what did it feel like to you, what did the wound look like?

Whitespider bite, beware! Fun aside, have you seen a Doctor on that one? A couple of basic tests could rule out some basic but fatal issues. I would go see Doc if having severe symptoms like that.
Be well soon!

Motorsen

West Nile is still around, just don't hear about it anymore. Don't think the mosquito bite reacts like that though. Your health isn't something to mess with though. Wish you a Speedy recovery

go see a doc zogger. to much crap out there to take a chance. ya gotta get better before the GTG.

I am better than six days ago. Straight docs/clinics out of the question, got priced out years, scratch that, decades ago. I heal up myself (and in the meantime have learned a lot of alternative healing) or croak, binary. I would go in for a major broken bone or a lot of emergency stitches.

I was really wondering if anyone ever had a similar bugbite, that's all. I am not even real sure it was a bugbite that caused it, just too coincidental timingwise to ignore now, and can't think of anything else. Initially I thought "lyme" but the symptoms don't show up that fast and I don't have any bullseye (although I know that isn't always present).

I am leaning towards thinking it is a spiderbite, can't see it up close, it is on back of my shoulder, even a mirror isn't that good of a help for close inspection. The joint aches/headaches etc all came on so wicked fast, unreal. And losing my balance just doesn't happen ever.

Have got stung by scorpions here, this doesn't feel like that.

Don't discount the possibility of it simply being old age.
:D:D:D:bowdown:

Ha, tell ya what it DID make me do, aging-wise, I was on the fence applying for socsec or not at this time. This little episode made me make a decision, I want whatever it is now, don't want to wait, went and applied today. Guess it takes now 3-4 months to start getting a check. I can still work at my level and not have any dollar/dollar deductions.

Whoop!

Not very much, but I'll take it!

West Nile is still around, just don't hear about it anymore. Don't think the mosquito bite reacts like that though. Your health isn't something to mess with though. Wish you a Speedy recovery

Thanks! I have been pretty robust my whole life, seem to be healing up OK, just not as fast as I would like, but like I said, was able to do a decent drive today, tomorrow try some tractor work again. My boss told me it was Ok to layout some more if I was doing poorly still. I don't work long days like his other workers, but I never layout as long as it isn't thunderstorming or my back glitched up on me. That's our deal, part time work, he's cool with it when I can't, because he knows I will catch back up.

I had had mor tic bits than I can count along with Lyme, not a tick. Do you have a cut that May be infected?

I'm the self-healing sort as well, and have been for many years, but you can't ignore the bugs any more. They've gotten to be nasty critters, carryin' who-knows-what in their little bites. Even if you're feeling better now, it may not be over.

Just be careful friend.

Lots of Apple cider vinegar and Cayenne pepper. Not the generic vinegar but something with the culture still in it like Bragg's. Burns like hell going down, but it'll kill anything. And peel paint.

Trying to think when was the last time at a straight doctors office for anything but my busted back and trying to narrow it down. Either 89 or 91, one of two rock concerts. (just looked them up for dates as it is hazy now) I am thinking it was 89 though seem to recall the venue in my mind when I noticed symptoms, big indoor stadium so that had to be the NOLA superdome, rolling stones steel wheels tour. Started getting swollen glands and tenderness, then it hurt fairly bad. First doc said "non hodgkins lymphoma" I said, I will get a second opinion before treatment, thanks. Second doc said "you have cats"? I said don't own any but hang out with folks who have a bunch. He goes proly cat scratch fever, here's a script, use it up, some antibiotics, that did the trick.

So it has been awhile.

I am since on the zoggaramacare plan.

Ya, sure is some freaky bugs going around, how about dat ebola stuff! eek! That is dang scary. It starts hitting hard in the US I am hanging out here not going anywhere for like..whatever it takes, years. We got food and can keep making more.

I had had mor tic bits than I can count along with Lyme, not a tick. Do you have a cut that May be infected?

I always have at least a few scratches and cuts, but none right now that appear infected, just that one wound that appears to be a bugbite.

I was never the type to go to a doctor but last Feb I got a bad soar throat and a major fever 103.7 was the highest . But I felt freezing cold. I dealt with it for a few days. Couldn't eat, could drink water though it hurt. Really!!! painful to swallow at all. Didn't wanna get out of bed.
I finally went in to a urgent care clinic the lady looked at my throat and told me to go to the er right away. After a few x rays They gave me iv antibiotics and steroids.
Turns out it was a peritonsilar abscess. A abscess behind my tonsils. The iv antibiotics took care of it thank god.. or they would have had to drain it with a needle or cut it open, and I guess the corroded artery is located right there so it's risky. If left alone it can kill you. I tell everybody to check there temperature if you feel sick. If it's high see a doc. It could be the beginning of something bad.

Nobody likes going to the Dr but there are time you just have to go. Last November i had a bad cold and wasn't getting over it after a week i couldn't even get out of bed so my wife pretty much carried me to the car because i wasn't gonna go....long story short i had pneumonia in both lungs and my O2 level was half of what it should've been and the infection had gotten into my blood stream (sepsis) so i ended up in ICU for 4 days over Thanksgiving( 6 days in the hospital total) on a high flow oxygen machine (almost was put on a ventilator) and strong antibiotics. It took about 2 months to fully recover. All of it was preventable had i gone to the Dr sooner.

Tomorrow will be a (weak) week for me since I started having some rather annoying and painful symptoms.

Am not getting deep necrosis, just some minor, appears to have stabilized

Any amount of necrosis sounds like a spider bite. Could be Lyme disease too. Supposedly looks similar to a brown recluse bite. Man, I would go get it checked out to rule out Lyme disease.

yep - get it checked at the doc for sure Zogger. If it's lyme or something similar, I hear you've got to hit it hard and fast with anit-biotics or you can have life long issues that never heal.

This link below is interesting, but note, it is doctors using intravenous buffered vitamin C , not just giving some by the mouth!
Ingesting vitamin C in quantity, even the easier on the gut buffered kind (sodium ascorbate or calcium ascorbate) simply won't get enough into your system, before you irritate the tissues and get the runs:

http://rs79.vrx.net/opinions/ideas/medicine/vitamins/bites/

Get it checked first. Health is paramount.

Latest posts

Back