I got bit by something, not sure what

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some symptoms sound like a black widow bite. They make the joints hurt bad. As long as it's getting better, and I hope it is, I wouldn't go to a doctor either. 9 out of 10 M.D.s wouldn't know what it was either and just give you a bunch of antibiotics.
Spider bites can present in about as many different ways as there are spiders. Keep it cleaned out and hopefully you will make a full recovery.I'd boil it with peroxide then put some antibiotic ointment available over the counter. Take some extra vitamins A,E,and C. Hope you get better soon.
Sounds like a Spider bite! They have some rough venom! Believe I saw a Black widow on my 310 in the shed today while I was blowing off my saws!
Hey ole Buddy! Rattler has your old 61 and is going to put a 272 on it! Excellent guy!!!

People.....Spiders don't bite humans....unless you pick one up and give her a little squeeze with your fingers.
It's one of the oldest and most talked about wive's tales and is pure gossip.
Ticks that carry Lyme disease are few and far between. Usually you know a tick is biting, or actually is embedded in your flesh, when you feel it's abdomen as a bump on your skin. Symptoms of Lyme are days or weeks later and will incapacitate you.
Sounds like you stay active enough, just keep hydrating all day, before, during and after.
Sounds like you picked up a flu bug or have a cold virus.
Most of us don't get near enough water into us daily. Men should have about 4 litres (one gallon) a day and more if you're doing work or it's hot out.
If you're feeling lousy, get you blood pressure checked at the doctor and tell him all your symptoms. He's the expert.

People.....Spiders don't bite humans....unless you pick one up and give her a little squeeze with your fingers.
Ticks that carry Lyme disease are few and far between. Usually you know a tick is biting, or actually is embedded in your flesh, when you feel it's abdomen as a bump on your skin. Symptoms of Lyme are days or weeks later and will incapacitate you.
Sounds like you stay active enough, just keep hydrating all day, before, during and after.
Most of us don't get near enough water into us daily. Men should have about 4 litres (one gallon) a day and more if you're doing work or it's hot out.
If you're feeling lousy, get you blood pressure checked at the doctor and tell him all your symptoms. He's the expert.
Spiders do bite humans..... not often, but it does happen.

My first wife had three brown recluse bites on her forehead between her eyes. She got them while sleeping. They had to go in and cut out three areas the size of a pencil eraser to stop the dying of tissue. She then had to wait months for all of that to heal before they could do reconstructive surgery to fix her face. She was a very attractive young woman, this whole ordeal was very traumatic to her. I'll call her this afternoon and let her know it all never happened bc spiders dont bite people, it was all a wives tale.

Then I'll let my VA doc know he wasted 12 years of college, his time, my time, the taxpayers money and the medicine treating me for Lyme disease, twice bc there really aren't that many ticks that carry it, and I never felt the tick biting me.

Oh, and while your In WonderLand, be sure to tell Alice I said Hi!

Well, ain't this a coincidence!

Friend of mine up the street came by to tell me what was up with him and the wind damage to trees and his roof, etc at his house. Happened a few weeks ago now. I had stopped by when I noticed the big walnut branch down in the yard, etc. had my saws and stuff. His wife said he was really too sick to come out and play or even discuss matters, so I left. Welll...turns out he had caught rocky mountain spotted fever!!! Supposedly just the second case ever heard of around here. He's been back and forth on different antibiotics because he is allergic to some. The first batch just made him sicker. Whatever the second one was, the docs told him he had to take it, sick or not. He spent four days in the hospital on IV drip as well.

I asked him how fast it hit him, he said fine in the morning, by the afternoon on his back in bed sick as a moose. He said he roughed it out for a few days but eventually his fever was so high and he wasn't getting better he went to one hospital, but they couldn't find out what was wrong, went to a second and the doc there was up to speed on symptoms and did the correct tests.

I had never heard of that around here until now. Lyme neither for that matter, supposedly no cases around here. I know that means nothing, just saying.

Most spiders don't have the capacity to envenomate as their fangs can't pierce human skin, however, black widows, brown recluse and other species do have that capability and have bit people. It's certainly is rare and may not be what happened to Zogger but it does happen. Plus he's in North Georgia within the range of both black widows and brown recluse.

Back