I got bit.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
by that CAD bug. I've been wanting a smaller saw to buck logs and limbs. We just got a shipment in and I was trying to decide between the ms170 and the ms211. The 211 won. I'll get to try it out tomorrow afternoon. I'm kind of nervous about the easy chain tensioner, it seems to work good I'm just one of those guys that the less gadgets something has the better I am. That's all that was in stock on the 211's so that's what I bought.
01121259.jpg

Last edited:
Nice lookin saw,I have two saws with the chain tensioner and havent had any issues with them ,I actually like the way it works,you just make sure you keep it tight.I wouldnt want the easy start that is on some saws.Good Luck.

Congrats, I have only heard good things about the ms211.

That aside, I had an ms180 with the easy chain tensioner and I didn't like it, hopefully your experience will be different.:greenchainsaw:

Congrats, I have only heard good things about the ms211.

That aside, I had an ms180 with the easy chain tensioner and I didn't like it, hopefully your experience will be different.:greenchainsaw:

I've heard good things about the 211's as well. The chain tensioner is about a 50/50 deal with people liking them or not. We'll see. Hope it works out.

Just bought one myself, minus the easy chain tensioner. Haven't got to try mine yet. Maybe this weekend. When you get to use yours, tell us what you think.

I haven't tried the tool-less chain tensioner, but it was in the manual for my 362 (it's an option), and I read through it. Changing a bar/chain looks like a PITA, but tensioning looks easy. I doubt it is worth it as a scrench is no big deal to carry.

But that sure does look like a nice small saw!

-Dave

spd,
Will post my thoughts tomorrow night. Taking it to the woods tomorrow afternoon.

. Changing a bar/chain looks like a PITA, but tensioning looks easy. I doubt it is worth it as a scrench is no big deal to carry.
-Dave

Those are my thoughts exactly. Guess it's not the end of the world. If I think it's that bad I guess I can always sell it and get one with out it.

its not as bad as it looks, just learn to sit the saw on a stack of wood the right way and your good to go. I think you'll love the saw, i've used both and think the 180 is about useless, not near enough power.

Congrats! One of the best limbing saws ever made and great for cross bucking in the 10" to 14" range.

You will love this little work horse. It's a screamer. When my Echo 3900 dies, I have a feeling this will be the saw that replaces it. I think it will pull a 16" bar and chain. Correct me if I am wrong.

Had a chance to use the saw yesterday. WOW! I am very impressed. I targeted some 12-14 inch ash and Locust trees. That little booger tore right through them. Once it gets the rpm's up it really screams. I kind of like the chain tensioner also, now that I understand it. Real nice saw for the money.

Latest posts

Back