I got the Stihl Flippy Cap woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year the oil flippy cap was only partially on and it drenched me in oil. Now both oil and gas caps are becoming a PITA. The other day the oil cap took me about 5+ minutes to get it to seat and lock down. I just don't want to fuss with this right now and ordered some new ones.

I always wondered what was the big deal and all the complaining about. Now I know. :(

Ive run Stihl saws about 10 years, daily the last 6, never had an issue. I've had the "OG" non floppy cap on a 660 and 036 come unscrewed and douche me.

Flippy caps suck.
I went to bush with my little ms 250 to do some clearing on the path and went to fill the gas up and that POS leaked fuel quicker then i could pour it in. Never got anything done that day other then wasting gas.
May have to look into the other style caps.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I think flip caps are one of the best things saw engineers have ever designed. How many have busted a hole in their screw cap using a flat head? I've seen more of those than broken flips.

I think flip caps are one of the best things saw engineers have ever designed. How many have busted a hole in their screw cap using a flat head? I've seen more of those than broken flips.

Flippy caps are an over engineered answer to a problem that never existed. And at $8 a pop they aren't real cheap when they inevitably break or leak.

I bash them as well they always seep and have come open on me but I have also had the screw in stihl ones come open on me in a tree... not fun

Really not trying to be smart but my screw in fuel cap for my red Poulan 3700 only needed a new o ring. Couple of bucks for a bag of them. I will pass on the flippys thank you!
I have never had to buy new fuel or oil caps on any other saw till these flippy caps.
Im not nocking stihls. I like them just not the caps.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Back