I Hate Yard Sales !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told the wife over and over not to ask me to go to yard sales with her but she never learns,only complains after as I usually come home with , you guessed it (saws).At least this week I only bought 4 Stihl saws. an 028 AV, an 028 Super, an 044 and a MS440 . I still need a rear handle gas tank assembly for the other MS440 I got a couple weeks back but just can`t pass up on deals I have come across this past week. Four running saws that only require some cosmetic sprucing up for $250. collectively, I could part them out and more than double the money but that won`t happen.Just add them to the collection. LOL Pioneerguy600

I'm beginning to wonder...

I told the wife over and over not to ask me to go to yard sales with her but she never learns,only complains after as I usually come home with , you guessed it (saws).At least this week I only bought 4 Stihl saws. an 028 AV, an 028 Super, an 044 and a MS440 . I still need a rear handle gas tank assembly for the other MS440 I got a couple weeks back but just can`t pass up on deals I have come across this past week. Four running saws that only require some cosmetic sprucing up for $250. collectively, I could part them out and more than double the money but that won`t happen.Just add them to the collection. LOL Pioneerguy600

I'm beginning to wonder...Do Senior Members and above, just sort of smell the saws out? Or do saws sort of smell them out? TLC is important you know. hehe.lol.

I'm beginning to wonder...Do Senior Members and above, just sort of smell the saws out? Or do saws sort of smell them out? TLC is important you know. hehe.lol.

Between garbage day, garage sales, craigslist and ebay you can find some decent deals also there are a couple auction places I have yet to check out. You just have to know what you're looking at, and what it's worth. Also I agree location is important, I'm far away from bigger saw country, so we don't have the selection. The best we can hope for is rental places or tree services to retire their stock.

Last edited:
Between garbage day, garage sales, craigslist and ebay you can find some decent deals also there are a couple auction places I have yet to check out. You just have to know what you're looking at, and what it's worth.

Yeah, and "location, location, location". Don't forget that one.

Mark

yeah, but you have to admit...

Yeah, but you have to admit...this deal is pretty sickening...excuse me, I mean - AWESOME. lol.

So, maybe you need to be a chainsaw JEDI to come across deals like this.

"Use the force, Luke."

Hey, maybe Chainsaw Jedi (Chainsaw Master?) should be a new AS term? lol.

I`ve just gotten off the phone with a fellow that called and said I hear you buy saws sometimes and I would like to sell my Stihl 360 . He is going out to Alberta for a few years to work and is selling off stuff to pay his ticket etc. Would like to get a hundred for it or best offer.My hands are shaking and I have sweat breaking out on my forehead,don`t call back,no--no--no. LOL Pioneerguy600

See What I Mean????

I`ve just gotten off the phone with a fellow that called and said I hear you buy saws sometimes and I would like to sell my Stihl 360 . He is going out to Alberta for a few years to work and is selling off stuff to pay his ticket etc. Would like to get a hundred for it or best offer.My hands are shaking and I have sweat breaking out on my forehead,don`t call back,no--no--no. LOL Pioneerguy600

See what I mean?

:jawdrop: :clap: :jawdrop: :clap: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: "A gasp again. Applauds. Watches and waits"...hehe.

OK--ok I gave in and now going to pick it up this afternoon,he says give me $80. and he`s happy.Got a case and some gear he`ll throw in for another $20. ARRRRRRRRRR. Pioneerguy600
Let me know if ya' want to work a deal on that 360 for an 066.
I have 5 of them now.

OK Jerry , i have your phone # and i'm gonna call ya about all that excess stuff you have , no wait , i'll give you 100.00$$ for the next guy that calls you or next good yard sale so the wife doesn't complain about spending her $$ .:)

OK Jerry , i have your phone # and i'm gonna call ya about all that excess stuff you have , no wait , i'll give you 100.00$$ for the next guy that calls you or next good yard sale so the wife doesn't complain about spending her $$ .:)

Dan I just gotta stop,the orange and white/grey is piling up.The wife of the guy I bought the saw from could not thank me enough for buying the saw from them,go figure.They are selling their stuff at fire sale prices. Pioneerguy600

I was on a trip recently and saw a 372 sitting beside the road at a outdoor sale. I whipped the car around and threw her in the trunk.

My wife was amazed I could identify a 372 20 yards off the road at 40 MPH. I told her, "when you're good, you're good." She said she was still waiting for proof. LOL

Fred

No way, my fellow AS member.

I was on a trip recently and saw a 372 sitting beside the road at a outdoor sale. I whipped the car around and threw her in the trunk.

My wife was amazed I could identify a 372 20 yards off the road at 40 MPH. I told her, "when you're good, you're good." She said she was still waiting for proof. LOL

Fred

She's humoring you. The truth is she is a very understanding wife that recognizes the more serious stages of CAD!!!:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Fred

I used to be a big game hunter,now I hunt saws,can see them at great distances,they don`t have to move or run. LOL Pioneerguy600

BTW he couldn't start it, so it was CHEAP!!!!!

Fred

He could not start this one either as it was bone dry of gas and he did not have any mixed gas so he said I guess you will just have to trust my word that it will run. I took it and picked it up by the pull cord handle and it remained suspended for over 15 seconds and did not move,then I tried drop starting it and I could tell it had great compression.I bought it on face value and I am now glad I did.
Today I took it apart and wiped everything down,checked all fastners , carb and air filter etc.Tried compression test, 162 on three pulls. Ran 1 and a half tanks of gas through it and I`m smiling from ear to ear.Niceeeeeeee.
Pioneerguy600

Back