I have a 346xp top end. Should I throw it on a J red 2149 or wait to find a 346?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a jonsered 2149 and I also have a 346NE top end. I realize the crank case is the same. Any other differences that I should be concerned with or should I hold out for a scored up 346? Do the saws weigh the same? One last questin on coils, the blue is rev limiting and black non rev limiting....do I have that right? Thanks

Naw, you just box that NE topend up and send it to me here N E Mpls, I have two OE346's and one of those is waiting for a bigger jug, altho they both run just fine.
I think you are rite on the color of the coils.
I would go ahead and do the swap you can always change it back if you find a toasted 346.
John

Red looks better than orange. They have better handlebars too. I'd build the Johnny.
I'm no fan of the Jonsered handlebars, but each to his own!:D

I'd say go ahead, if he likes the handling of that red one - the weight differense usually are a couple of ounces, and won't be notised.

The blue coil rev limit is 14100rpm. The black one doesn't limit. Personally I'd go with the Jred. If you're going to do some limbing the husky angled bar will give you an edge.

Bruno.;)

Bought a 346 top end to put on a 2152.Do like playing with the 350's though.Post up how well you like it.

NE top end on the johnny. don't ruin an OE with an NE top end. i'm an OE fan. somethings wrong when my OE running 16" 3/8's will smoke an NE running 18" .325 stock for stock. :D sweet thing is that i just ended up with 2 more OE's and yes, they are not for sale ;) unless sunfish wants to make a trade happen :laugh: aye don. :givebeer:

NE top end on the johnny. don't ruin an OE with an NE top end. i'm an OE fan. somethings wrong when my OE running 16" 3/8's will smoke an NE running 18" .325 stock for stock. :D sweet thing is that i just ended up with 2 more OE's and yes, they are not for sale ;) unless sunfish wants to make a trade happen :laugh: aye don. :givebeer:
Shane, don't get rid of the OEs' or the 357xp without checkin with me first. I'm thinkin it over... :D

For you maybe, but I'll take the orange and angled front handle.... :)

I'm no fan of the Jonsered handlebars, but each to his own!:D

I'd say go ahead, if he likes the handling of that red one - the weight differense usually are a couple of ounces, and won't be notised.

You guys and your handles kicked out of square. :laugh::laugh: I like mine straight.I just haven't found a deal on a 2153. :(:( So till then the 346 and 350 with 346 top end will have to do.:chop::chop:

The blue coil rev limit is 14100rpm. The black one doesn't limit. Personally I'd go with the Jred. If you're going to do some limbing the husky angled bar will give you an edge.

Bruno.;)

Yes, imo the handlebar of the Husky makes it notisably handier for limbing etc. For other cutting it doesn't matter much.

I have a NE346xpg and a 2153WH, and it is always the Husky that follow me into the woods.

Latest posts

Back