I just got off the phone with a guy who sold me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appear to me that maybe
That LEFT ear is not the carb ear. It's more serious, it appears to be the intake manifold ear and to replace that part involves deep stuff and obsolete stuff, obsolete gaskets and ??? Those ears on the saws intake are normally slotted on the bottom on the left side and on the top on the right side as shown by the red arrow so as the carb can be twisted into place while the bolts are on the carb. Appears maybe the left manifold ear that has the flat washer under the bolt head is broken off in the pic but I'm not sure?
Some bubba tightened that carb bolt too tight and broke the intake manifold ear. Do not even turn any bolts or screws yourself.
You have a good case with ebay claims system, due to their pictures showing the broken intake manifold and their description which indicates they clearly lied about the condition of the saw. Instead of phone calls you need to keep all communication with the seller within the ebay email system so as you have proof in writing. I would email the guy asking for negotiating a price as a parts saw only or a full refund but you will have to pay a return fee or around $40. Know what you want before you email the seller. If you do not like the sellers response to your email and want a full refund just go ahead and file the claim.

Also keep a heads up that YOU are on a claims time limit with ebay that can expire rapidly if they drag their feet not answering or slow negotiating. Some sellers purposely stall hoping the ebay claims time limit expires.

I suspect ebay can get you a full money back return less the shipping almost immediately but you will have to ship the saw back.
If you want the saw for parts at a lesser price you will have to try and negotiate such with the seller first and you are on a time limit.

Good luck to you.

Always best to try and work it out with the seller first and only through the eBay message system as mentioned so you have a means of showing you tried. Talking on the phone, well unless you record the conversation then you have no witness but recordings are not always permissible as evidence. If the seller is belligerent and won`t work with you then open a case. Where the seller has already slammed up the phone it is unlikely he will work with one to come to a agreeable settlement but never hurts to try again.
This!^

Ebay will put the screws to the seller nearly every time (and especially if they stated there were no problems with the item) so worst case scenario you send it back (on the seller's dime) and he held your money for a short time.

I agree that it is best to negotiate first, leave feedback second. If the guy hung up on you, he is clearly not interested in negotiating at any rate. In the event that you both agree to cancel the sale (sounding like that is the best option), the sale is considered voided and feedback will be removed.

I contemplated my decision to leave negative feedback when I did. I don’t see any reason for giving someone a chance to change their tune after being exposed as a BSer. I think that probably just promotes recidivism..

I already ordered a replacement handle along with an air filter that actually has the flocking & isn’t just a bare screen( that’s what came whit the saw). Yes there’s no point in being nice to crooks...

I would have been out at "needs primed to start first time through muffler and starts right up".
Listing

That listing is one of those ads that really chaffs my stern. There's a nice picture of the carb that clearly shows the broken ear but unless you were looking for it, you'd never see it. Something that should have been disclosed.

Is your name Tim? If not why are you posting links to the saw I bought?

I’m asking you how you know that that was the saw & the sale??

That’s why I don’t sell saws on EBay anymore. As a seller you have no rights. I sold a nice 015 Stihl to a guy. It ran and cut fine. The buyer said the crank seal(s) were bad because it died when held upside down, that was his diagnostic test. He also said he had bought 3 saws off EBay so I suspect he over extended and his wife wasn’t happy. I saw the deck was stacked against me so I paid to have it returned. Guess what, it ran fine, even upside down! Lesson learned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My name is Gary and eBay sales are public unless marked otherwise. That picture is from the ebay listing.

I understand that,
I’m asking you how you were able to decipher one from another? How did you know I was associated with that particular eBay listing? Ifin you aren’t the seller then that’s rather impressive LOL!

Read this whole thread and have also bought many, many saws off ebay in varying degrees of condition......I have always had good results on purchases and dealings with sellers.....there have been a couple problematic issues but both were purchased way on the cheap so I absorbed the loss and didn't leave ANY feed back. I have gotten refunds from sellers and they didn't want the saws/parts back....I dunno....but my dear old late father always cautioned me...."You can catch more flies with honey that you can with vinegar". When I contact the seller with an issue I'm always respectful and calm....state my case and let them respond....this course of action has always served me well. My opinion is the buyer should have contacted the seller and exhausted that avenue before sending negative feed back......that is always on the table....but best not used until needed.

Read this whole thread and have also bought many, many saws off ebay in varying degrees of condition......I have always had good results on purchases and dealings with sellers.....there have been a couple problematic issues but both were purchased way on the cheap so I absorbed the loss and didn't leave ANY feed back. I have gotten refunds from sellers and they didn't want the saws/parts back....I dunno....but my dear old late father always cautioned me...."You can catch more flies with honey that you can with vinegar". When I contact the seller with an issue I'm always respectful and calm....state my case and let them respond....this course of action has always served me well. My opinion is the buyer should have contacted the seller and exhausted that avenue before sending negative feed back......that is always on the table....but best not used until needed.
Ditto.

Negative feedback before an eBay claim? Instant fail! I would have hung up on you as well, once negitive feedback is left, that’s game over for talking with the buyer for me.

Anyone could find the saw we are discussing, there can’t be that many of that saw listed.

So what is the incentive against getting negative feedback?????????

Instant fail? So the victim is now the aggressor for having reacted to a buffalo artist? If it weren’t blatant, I might agree. I’ve bought saws off of eBay before. From 2100s to o56s & super 797s, never been lied to like such.
Makes me think that there’r a lot of others out there who operate on the same dirty principals. Any man who hangs up a phone mid conversation is nothing more than a pansy & a loser.

edwardo.......by leaving negative feed back you have lost all leverage with the seller and become a victim by your own actions. You may still win an ebay claim but no one will be happy......a little "honey" may have served you better than the "vinegar" you chose to use. By being chill and negotiating you may have come out way ahead. I assume you wanted this saw. Learn to play the game lad....

I made the decision to keep the saw before any others. It has good compression, otherwise I would have gone the route in favor here.
I do understand that I could have done better by playing along more before leaving feedback. In hindsight it probably would’ve been the more beneficial way to handle things. Either way, I’m excited about my new 1-53!

Since the listing is known in context, do you guys see where the seller made mention of “kart head” in the description? Hmmmmm...

Attachments

• C2322C3B-1032-49B0-80AD-223A6F415499.jpeg
    C2322C3B-1032-49B0-80AD-223A6F415499.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • DD1C18B1-C871-4DC4-B2CF-BA9A21E1C0DE.jpeg
    DD1C18B1-C871-4DC4-B2CF-BA9A21E1C0DE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 3A375C34-689F-4FC5-8F60-57812BD0C55F.jpeg
    3A375C34-689F-4FC5-8F60-57812BD0C55F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
By the way I find it incredibly suspicious that my saw was pictured here without me presenting the picture/address. Either you folks have a lot of time on your hands, or the seller is here & has communication with one of you. I start a thread & come back after a day & 10x the info I presented is floating around. You fellas know where my pizza came from that I ate for dinner too?

Either way, That’s creepy!

By the way I find it incredibly suspicious that my saw was pictured here without me presenting the picture/address. Either you folks have a lot of time on your hands, or the seller is here & has communication with one of you. I start a thread & come back after a day & 10x the info I presented is floating around. You fellas know where my pizza came from that I ate for dinner too?

Either way, That’s creepy!

I like the color of your truck. :innocent:

Latest posts

Back