I just got off the phone with a guy who sold me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the color of your truck. :innocent:

What’s funny is, the fella who posted the pic in this thread is from North Georgia.

Just like the fella who sold me the saw.... lol.

(Your getting your negative feedback for lying & there’s nothing you can do about it... )

Look I offered this guy a full refund even after he cussed me and my Saw! I even saw his negative feedback because I know the Saw ran and have a couple videos of it running. Tried to upload but, it said error file is to large. So if someone will tell me how to upload the videos I will and clear this up. I stated the Saw needed primed to crank on initial start up. About the phone call this guy just wanted to brag on himself and his family would not let me get a word in. Threatened me cussed me and really sounded like a low life thug. Again I offered full refund after being cussed degraded and the negative feedback left. Yes eBay sides with the buyers so much it has turned me away from selling any saws on there. Plus the intake on the carb is open at the top and the carb slides out. The carb pulled up and tightened up fine. Yes the intake gaskets are the original ones from 1963 so they may be brittle or not sealing properly but, I repeat the Saw was running when I sold I have proof! Get a life over and out, I’m going to go put the head back on this 360 homey I’m building for my personal collection.

Look I offered this guy a full refund even after he cussed me and my Saw! I even saw his negative feedback because I know the Saw ran and have a couple videos of it running. Tried to upload but, it said error file is to large. So if someone will tell me how to upload the videos I will and clear this up. I stated the Saw needed primed to crank on initial start up. About the phone call this guy just wanted to brag on himself and his family would not let me get a word in. Threatened me cussed me and really sounded like a low life thug. Again I offered full refund after being cussed degraded and the negative feedback left. Yes eBay sides with the buyers so much it has turned me away from selling any saws on there. Plus the intake on the carb is open at the top and the carb slides out. The carb pulled up and tightened up fine. Yes the intake gaskets are the original ones from 1963 so they may be brittle or not sealing properly but, I repeat the Saw was running when I sold I have proof! Get a life over and out, I’m going to go put the head back on this 360 homey I’m building for my personal collection.

Hey bud, sorry I offended you on the phone, getting called a lying co&$ sucker would make me mad too, but you did it to yourself. On that note, that’s the ONLY enflamatory thing I said to you yesterday... If you want to discuss our conversation, okay.
Care to further educate me as to how these McCs “pour fuel” & are “very unreliable” in comparison to say, a 660? Isn’t that what you were saying before you hung up? How I should look into an ms660 if I wanted something reliable?
Well I have an ms660 already, I came to buy a running 1-53 & you buffaloed me. You & your videos can go to heck. You knew exactly what you where doing sir & that was trying to make a buck the way a LOW LIFE does. Through deception...

By the way I find it incredibly suspicious that my saw was pictured here without me presenting the picture/address. Either you folks have a lot of time on your hands, or the seller is here & has communication with one of you. I start a thread & come back after a day & 10x the info I presented is floating around. You fellas know where my pizza came from that I ate for dinner too?

Either way, That’s creepy!
Watch it there buddy. It's a tight knit community on here. Sure there are a few rotten eggs, but by and large many of us on here are very nice individuals. Those who have the wrong intentions don't last long. You may find it rather creepy that we can dig up saw photos, but it's not that hard honestly. Many of us are very devoted to saw repair and saw collection, so of course we browse ebay just for fun. Never know what might show up you know. I would strongly advise against putting potential blame on any member on here in the future. We truly love to help other members, but no one like dealing with someone who puts potential blame on other long standing members.

Look I work on a lot of saws on daily basis I posted this Saw on other sites first and a lot of people don’t appreciate older saws. So I usually will list them on eBay last. I know the Saw didn’t leak fuel or oil and was in pretty good shape. I actually made a couple cuts with it ran really well. I told the guy it probably just needed the carb adjusted or if he thought the intake was leaking just unbolt it clean it and put some Yamabond or a gas proof sealant. If you knew me then you would know I wasn’t trying to pull one over on anybody. I just enjoy bringing old saws back to life for other people to enjoy them and have worked on customers saws for free and always open to help anyone. There’s just no pleasing some people that think everyone is out to get them and very paranoid.

Watch it there buddy. It's a tight knit community on here. Sure there are a few rotten eggs, but by and large many of us on here are very nice individuals. Those who have the wrong intentions don't last long. You may find it rather creepy that we can dig up saw photos, but it's not that hard honestly. Many of us are very devoted to saw repair and saw collection, so of course we browse ebay just for fun. Never know what might show up you know. I would strongly advise against putting potential blame on any member on here in the future. We truly love to help other members, but no one like dealing with someone who puts potential blame on other long standing members.
Been here since 2004, perhaps that’s why I am the way I am. People phffft....

Now dig..

Mac&Homelite
Was that comment directed towards me? Because I just joined this site to stand up for myself and tell the honest to God truth. I was just made aware of this post by another eBay member that thought it was very suspicious. Can someone tell me how to post a video on here that’s saying is to big it’s just 26 seconds of the Saw being cranked, idling, revving, then dropping back to idle.

Now you can really any case, I do appreciate the help, always have, & I am thankful to be a part of AS(for the most part)!
Mac&Homelite
Was that comment directed towards me? Because I just joined this site to stand up for myself and tell the honest to God truth. I was just made aware of this post by another eBay member that thought it was very suspicious. Can someone tell me how to post a video on here that’s saying is to big it’s just 26 seconds of the Saw being cranked, idling, revving, then dropping back to idle.
All I did was start the thing up. I’ve cut many millions of feet with saws new to junk, & this 1-53 was all of the latter. Videos are completely irrelevant at this time too just so you know Mr. fix it myself... The time for posting those was when you where putting together the sales ad...

Been here since 2004, perhaps that’s why I am the way I am. People phffft....

Now dig..
I understand your frustration, but I hope you see how your coming across to those not directly involved in the situation. It's not in a very positive reflecting light, I can tell you. No one needs to get the mods involved, which I have a feeling may be coming soon.

Mac&Homelite
Not in the least. I hate to get involved, but from my perspective, I think you are being a much more level headed individual. I would love to tell you how to upload the video, but I've only linked it through Youtube. I believe that the file may be too big to upload on the site anyway.

If I New how to post videos on eBay I would have it only accepts my pics. Did you try adjusting the carb?

I did, I’d like nothing more than for the saw to work. I got the saw running, revved it a few times, seeemed a little rich. Let it idle till the muffler was hot & revved it again to a much higher rpm. The saw began to falter seconds later. I’ve experienced it before. One look at the intake to carb setup & you KNOW it’s gonna leak. If not immediately, shortly thereafter. Saws vibrate a lot, there’s no such thing as doing what you did on that connection & calling a runner. I never even put the saw in wood. That’s a big ass air leak...

Ok I’ve said my side of things as far as I’m concerned I would buy the Saw back from you for $200 plus I would pay for shipping. That $50 more than you paid and I stand by it post it on eBay and see if I want buy it back in a second. Because I would rather have the Saw back than to have dealt with what I have with you and would have never sold it if I would have known it would end up with you because I will help anybody out my reputation and word is everything. Yes the Saw had something up with it or it wouldn’t need primed to initially crank it was just so loud that it would wake the dead and my neighbors are already not crazy about my occupation so I didn’t run it as much as I do other saws. I cranked it before I boxed it up which took a couple hours and I only charged what it cost to ship it. So anyways I still think you received a good solid saw that just needed a little luv!

Does the carb not look like it’s properly pulled up and tight?

Attachments

• 7B24ACE2-2222-4FC2-8939-3CFB6469F354.jpeg
    7B24ACE2-2222-4FC2-8939-3CFB6469F354.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
The parts needed this far to make it a runner are worth taking the boot on the deal, to me... I just can’t see the scenario that a professional (you said it’s your livelihood..) would make such a blunder by accident. All I know is I would feel real rotten about things if I were you..

Back