I Just Want To Turn On The Lathe All Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Mike! I looked at your pictures on your original post and you do some very fine looking turnings. I especially liked the dove tailed bowl. I have turned spindles for a few years now and have recently been trying my hand at bowls. Do you have any instruction available as to how you went about turning the dove-tailed project.

http://bobhamswwing.com/Articles/economy/TRUE ECONOMY.htm

Dusty here is a link too a very talented turner named Bob Hamilton. I just added my touch to a project that he explains in detail. He is not the first turner to make a bowl from a board but he is very willing to teach others. He posts on quit a few of the turning forums out there.

To put the dovetail in I routed the female end into the ebony and the leopard wood. Then I set up the router table to cut the male end but only cut it in the Leopard wood. Then I glued the ebony female end to the leopard wood male end. After it dried I then cut the male end in the ebony that was earlier glued to the leopard wood. From there I followed Bob's instructions.

I hope this helps you Dusty. I am not the greatest typeset in the word but I try.

I added more pics to my original thread in the chainsaw forum. If you have not seen them check them out.

All I do know when not turning is daydream about turning.

Mike

http://bobhamswwing.com/Articles/economy/TRUE ECONOMY.htm

Dusty here is a link too a very talented turner named Bob Hamilton. I just added my touch to a project that he explains in detail. He is not the first turner to make a bowl from a board but he is very willing to teach others. He posts on quit a few of the turning forums out there.

To put the dovetail in I routed the female end into the ebony and the leopard wood. Then I set up the router table to cut the male end but only cut it in the Leopard wood. Then I glued the ebony female end to the leopard wood male end. After it dried I then cut the male end in the ebony that was earlier glued to the leopard wood. From there I followed Bob's instructions.

I hope this helps you Dusty. I am not the greatest typeset in the word but I try.

I added more pics to my original thread in the chainsaw forum. If you have not seen them check them out.

All I do know when not turning is daydream about turning.

Mike

Thanks Mike. If you havent already done so check out the Milling and Sawmills forum here, there is a lot of good reading there.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back